Thread: maf tunning trouble

maf tunning trouble

ok ive tried both ways for maf tunning the one where u change the main ve and the other way and maybe i just really dont get it, but its like none of them work... is there like a maf tuning for retards out there?

Senior Tuner
    Josh, could you post a scan and your current tune for us to have a look at? I'll try to give you a hand with it bud....
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh Hapka
    ok ive tried both ways for maf tunning the one where u change the main ve and the other way and maybe i just really dont get it, but its like none of them work... is there like a maf tuning for retards out there?
    if there is such a guide.. order me one cuz im confused too

Advanced Tuner

MAF tuning

Which "other way" are you refering to? Changing the main VE table will have little to no effect on fuel trims with the MAF sensor enabled on most cars, so I can see where making changes to that table did nothing.
    -Eddie

1998 GTP - 3.4 [3.2] [3.0] MPS - custom CAI - F.1 Ram Air hood - XP Cam - Ported Heads - 1.84/1.60 Si valves - 1.6 HS Roller Rockers - 72mm Ported TB - LQ4 MAF - 42.5# Lucas Injectors - Pacesetters
    1/4 PB - 13.025 @ 106.81 MPH w/ 2.069 60'
    2021 Chevrolet Colorado 2.8 Baby Duramax

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie-98GTP
    Which "other way" are you refering to? Changing the main VE table will have little to no effect on fuel trims with the MAF sensor enabled on most cars, so I can see where making changes to that table did nothing.
    Ding, ding, ding, we have a winner! If your tuning VE then you MUST dissable the MAF or fail it. If you are working on tuning the MAF the only table you need to adjust is the MAF table and below 7500hz until you get your "0" trims. Again post a tune and a log Josh, let's see where you are bud...Believe me, I'll be the first one to admit how frustrating this can be
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Take your pick
    http://www2.turbov6camaro.com:443/tune.htm
    http://www.hollandms.com/newbie/tuning_new.htm
    http://wiki.opentuner3800.com/index.php?title=Main_Page
    http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12796
    Last edited by louvered97gtp; 05-31-2008 at 04:14 PM.
    99GTP: Flowmasters, ZZP Power log & Ported rear, 9.5:1, Bored over .010, removed balance shaft, Dbl roller chain, Intense S1X, custom ported heads, 45#inj., 105lb springs, 1.7 rockers, A103's, 180-stat, Gen V swap, 97 Cadillac TB & Custom machined alum. spacer, 95 GTP Hood louvers
    97GTP: Stock engine, 95 GTP Hood louvers

ok here are the scans... i did 2 scans, one was with the jet performance intake air temperature sensor and the other one is with out.....and i got another random question... is the jet performance intake air temperature sensor (ats) really help or does it make me lose performance?

Advanced Tuner
    ok here are the scans... i did 2 scans, one was with the jet performance intake air temperature sensor and the other one is with out.....and i got another random question... is the jet performance intake air temperature sensor (ats) really help or does it make me lose performance?
    Post the current tune also.
    Mitchell

'04 Supercharged MC SS

MOD LIST
    Custom PCM, Ram Air Hood w/ Air box, Intense MPS w/3.6", R/T DP with Ubend delete & HF CAT, LC-1 WB, GMPP Cat Back, Jacobs wires, 180 T-stat, & an Optima Red Top

k here it is

In those two tunes you are running rich at part-throttle, indicated by the negative LTFT's. If you are rich, you need to DECREASE the MAF table values. I would multiply the MAF table cells 3000 through 7500 by .92 (that is 92%) and scan again. That should reduce the fuel and bring LTFT's up.

The concept is simple: If you tell the PCM that the MAF is flowing more air, the PCM will add more fuel, and by indicating less air through the MAF, the PCM produces less fuel.

2000 Regal GS | Twin-Charged T72 | HPT Pro + PLX Wideband | 12.55 @ 110 on 15psi | Now running 20psi on E85!

1998 5.9L Durango | Powerdyne supercharger @6psi | Mesa Headers | Gibson Cat-back | 1.7 RR's | Tuned PCM | Ported Heads | Custom TB & Intake | Custom fuel rails | Rebuild coming soon...

well here are the scan after i did what u said BlackGS, and at the end of the scan i did a wot blast.... to tell you the truth i thought i should be pushing more out of this motor than what it says for ft lbs of tourque considering just stock it should be running 225..... expecially with the mods ive done.....here are the mods

pace setter headers, custome intake, ram air, throttle body spacer, 160* thermostat, msd coils, msd wires, bosch plugs, royal purple oil, k&n oil and air filter, manual fan switch(like that matters), and a jet performance air intake temperature senser(not sure if it helps or it hurts) 2 1/2" with high flow cat and borla exhaust and trying to computer tune it, and through the scan i only see like 183 tops... wtf.... oh it is an auto, it is a 2002 camaro. w/106,000 miles.... here is also the stock tune, to compare with.... wut are ur opinions,
    Last edited by Josh Hapka; 06-13-2008 at 10:59 PM.