Thread: First Time w/ 2 bar OS on Procharged E40 GTO

First Time w/ 2 bar OS on Procharged E40 GTO

Hello all I will try to keep this as short as possible, I am currently tuning a customers 05 GTO A4 w/2800 rpm PI converter, it has LT's, OR X-pipe, cat-back and most importantly a D1SC with a 6-8# pulley.

Now for the tune I started off by attempting to tune it using the MAF and stock OS and quickly found the MAF ceiling (about 11,500 htz?) So I put together a tune using an enhanced 2 bar MAP OS. The map sensor used is a 12580698 (I think that the linear and offset values are correct)?? I used a Boost VE found in the repository as a starting point and went from there. Things seem to be going very well but I have a few questions.

1. How much timing should this thing run? I am currently running about 17* and have seen little to no knock retard. Also usually I will make changes to the knock retard decay and attack to reduce false knock but left this one stock to be safe, any recommendations on that?

2. As for fueling, I reduced the delay time into PE and it seems to be matching commanded very well with no lean delay or swings throughout logging. I know that it is a little rich but wanted to keep things as safe as possible for now. I also noticed that when comparing NB to WB readings the WB tends to read about .2-.3 AFR lower than actual.

3. Stall at low speeds, when the throttle is held ever so slightly open the rpms drop slightly below my 700 rpm idle speed, then when the throttle is released it dips and will sometimes stall. I have added to the raf table and that has helped things quite a bit but it is still slightly present.

4. Transmission see thread in GM trans tuning here. http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...499#post130499

5. Torque management> ETC limits > ETC TPS max? What does this table truly do and am I supposed to move all cells to 100 other than the 0 ft/lb cells. I have seen a lot of discussion about this table and would love to hear a better description of what it does.

6. Disabling MAF, I currently have set MAF fail frequency to 0 and changed the diagnosis to prevent the SES enable, is there a better way?

7. General Please look over my tune and let me know any other suggestions that you more experienced tuners may have, I am still learning and love any and all input.

Below I attached the current tune along with a couple of scans.
    Thanks for reading this, and all responses are welcomed. Thanks in Advance!!

Carl T.
    Last edited by 01 MidMet WS6; 05-29-2008 at 05:46 PM.
    01 WS6-M6, PRC Stage 2.5 5.3's, MS4, Kooks 1 3/4", custom built full true duals w/ X-pipe, SLP lid, tuned via HPTuners

Senior Tuner
    I have a question on speed density tunes...is there a MAP vs RPM timing table worked out in there? I only see the normal MAF-Airflow vs RPM tables in the SD tune attached.

Quote Originally Posted by BBA
    I have a question on speed density tunes...is there a MAP vs RPM timing table worked out in there? I only see the normal MAF-Airflow vs RPM tables in the SD tune attached.
    No there is no MAP vs RPM table, it continues to use the stock table. The table is maxed out fairly quickly and at that point the pcm references the lowest row on the table (1.36 G/ Cyl). It actually works out ok although you cannot change your higher boost regions using your main spark timing tables.
    01 WS6-M6, PRC Stage 2.5 5.3's, MS4, Kooks 1 3/4", custom built full true duals w/ X-pipe, SLP lid, tuned via HPTuners

to keep this on my RADAR so I can look at it when I get home.
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game

Quote Originally Posted by 5_Liter_Eater
    to keep this on my RADAR so I can look at it when I get home.
    Bill is yours done yet? I think your OS is identical right down to the MAP sensor used, feel free to post or PM me with further questions/ comments. Thanks!

No, I've only just got started since I've been battling mechanical problems and been wicked busy. If you want to take a look at what I have right now I have a post here: http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18332
    Bill Winters

Advanced Tuner
    Whats with the engine size? It says its a 2005 GTO, shouldn't that be a LS2 with .75 cyl vol value?

GM fat fingered it in the E40 tunes. It doesn't have an effect on anything that I'm aware of.
    Bill Winters

^^^ Guess they thought they were keeping the 5.7L engine around... LOL

There are a few other * BMA's in the the early (and some late!) cals on most of GM's software for a particular PCM/ECM.

*Button Mis-Application
    Always Support Our Troops!