Thread: p1811

Potential Tuner

p1811

i just got a tuner and iam lost. my question is i had my tranny rebuilt less than 1000 miles ago i had 369 gears and ati 3000 con i have a supercharged 98 regal. iam getting the code and was told to back off on the torque management. the car is shifting to hard off and on. what do i change? the tranny had a new epc switch put in when it was rebuilt. is there anyone close to pittsburgh pa that can help me out.? iam confused when i look at the tuner i got a pro edition if it matters? i had the tranny rebuilt by intense racing if it matters also? please help.

Potential Tuner
    can someone talk me through it on here? or write me directions on what to do?

Under Transmission - Shift Properties - "Desired Shift time" (normal & perf.), what is the desired shift time?

Lets say for 1-2 shift and 2-3 shift the values say 0.100 (mili-seconds) change the values to 0.200.... and in my opinion the 3-4 shift should be a little slower than the 1-2 & 2-3 shifts.

and if you have a Performance shift button/ switch or "whatever" commands performance shift, then you'll need to change both NORMAL & PERFORMANCE "desired shift time" tables.

My stock desired shift time was like 0.350, now I have it at 0.200... that doesn't mean you will have the same shifts as me when you set it to the same value as I did, just make your desired shift time slower and slower untill your shifts are smooth enough for you.... if your desired shift time is already at like 0.350 then you would have to look at the pressure stuff that I'm not familiar with.

I'm bigtime newbie at tuning but I'm going by how I got my shifts firmer.

P1811 is caused when the shift times exceed .65 sec. If the adaptive modifier cannot shorten this time, then a counter increases by one. If the counter reaches two, then P1811 is set. Max line pressure is then commanded.

Post your stock & latest tune file, and the tire sizes. Were the drive & driven sprockets swapped to change from the
    2.93 final drive ratio?

Russ Kemp
    Last edited by Russ K; 08-29-2008 at 12:03 PM.