Thread: How to add fuel?

Advanced Tuner

How to add fuel?

I know it can be done by the maf....Lets say i wanted to increase my o2's from 910-920 at wot. in what percentage increase in the maf table and in what areas? and explain how to do it when not in the maf table.

I'd like to know how to do it both ways...but if one way is better just tell me the better way... and also when doing it in the maf table lets say an increase from 7500 to 8500hrz....do i have to smooth before and after the changes?

Advanced Tuner
    There is no precise method, but try thiis from 7500 hz to the top, increase it by the percentage you want an increase.

For example if you are 910 and want to increase it to 935, thats about a 3% increase. So you want to increase the MAF table by 3%... BUT... if you just do that, you are going to have a nasty bump in the MAF curve, so smooth that 3% increase in by going 4 cells down, increasing that one by 0.5%, the next one up by 1%, next one up by 1.75%, and the adjacent cell to 2.25% to smooth out the curve.

BTW, if your car is in the 880s, don't be playing with the MAF right away... its likely a bad tune. Are you locking in at nothing but 0 consistently every time you are in PE? If not, do not advance in the tune until you are.
    '99 Black GTP Sedan
    3.4-2.6" PB Quick Change pulleys, Custom CAI, XP Cam, N* TB, LQ4 MAF, SLP headers, 42.5# Injectors, 180/195* thermostat.

13.501 @ 103.392 on 91 (2.4 60-foot).
    13.82 @ 105.28 on 87 octane! (2.42 60-foot).
    263kph top end as shown on the GPS.
    All this and 39MPG to boot. What more can a man ask for?
    * Just another enthusiastic amateur tuner! *

Advanced Tuner
    I have a scan i would like you to look at that i did today...gimme aout an hour and it will be up...I want YOUR opinion

Advanced Tuner
    here is my tune i ran 13.6 on at the track....stock timing tables...

Look at the maf table as a 2d chard veiw....that does not satisfy me...but my o2's i belive are pretty much ok at wot.

look at how my 02's vary by a small amount at wot (910-920) is that ok?

With injector duty % being at 86. can i go with a smaller pulley?

also look at the scan for me if you dont mind....why am i getting that small amount of kr?

Advanced Tuner
    Becuase your trims are not locked in at 0. Thats where your KR is coming from too.

In an example in my other post, I used a 3% number by coincidence. Becuase you are locking in at +3, it is pulling 3% of your fuel. Work on the MAF table until it locks in at nothing but 0 consistantly all the time.

Also, your MAF table has massive peaks and a few valleys. It needs to be smoothed out.

Don't bother doing anything else until that MAF table is perfect.

With injectors that close to maxing out, no I do not suggest you go smaller pulley.

Small variances in O2 at WOT are ok and normal. At this level you can no longer "trust" the O2 readings completely, they are used as a guide only, though I find them a little low (this will autofix itself once you get the trims to lock in properly). KR makes a better guide... but not before you lock in at 0, that should be your first priorty.
    Last edited by JerryH; 05-28-2008 at 06:37 PM.
    '99 Black GTP Sedan
    3.4-2.6" PB Quick Change pulleys, Custom CAI, XP Cam, N* TB, LQ4 MAF, SLP headers, 42.5# Injectors, 180/195* thermostat.

Advanced Tuner
    Can you explain to me how to smooth the maf table? I cant just use the smooth feature correct?...and when smoothing should i smooth increasing the table or decreasing the table...if ya know what i mean...

I could have sworn someone told me that the trims should only lock in at 0 during wot...and that they are going to flutcuate because of inconsisttancy in the tune...and this is normal...no? so trims should be 0 all the time..accel,deccel, idle?
    Last edited by TDCRacing; 05-28-2008 at 06:47 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    No, once the trims lock in, they are locked in till you let off the gas and get out of PE.

To smooth out the table, look at the graph and adjust values until the curve is smooth. You round UP the values, not down. Using the smooth feature in this case lowers values and that is undesireable.
    '99 Black GTP Sedan

Advanced Tuner
    Ok i didnt think the trims were suppose to be 0 all the time...just at pt when going into/out of pe and at wot while im in pe...I will work on increasing all of the lower values and try to smooth things out...

i will repert back with the new scan