Thread: Low MAF Hz tune on Z06 Vararam

Low MAF Hz tune on Z06 Vararam

Anyone could help me with the tune on especially low MAF Hz with the Vararam on C6 Z06 2008. Hi MAF are more easy to find on OL . If someone have do the job before me could you help me please.

Thank you
    Sébast
    '08 Black Z06
    PCM Tuned, LG super RAM, AR Headers, Hoosier DR2 295-55-15, MSD Atomic air force intake, Iceman 7.0 cam

Best N/A E.T. : 8.836
    Best N/A Mp/h : 159.75
    DA for this pass: 0'

Force open loop full time with the temperature thresholds, then force MAF-only operation by setting the RPM threshold for steady state to below idle. You should then be able to take steady state wideband AFR error measurements and correct the bottom end of the MAF curve.

Advanced Tuner
    Greg,

Can you direct me to how you get to forcing the MAF-only op? is it under dynamic air?

thnx

Quote Originally Posted by eficalibrator
    Force open loop full time with the temperature thresholds, then force MAF-only operation by setting the RPM threshold for steady state to below idle. You should then be able to take steady state wideband AFR error measurements and correct the bottom end of the MAF curve.

Quote Originally Posted by eficalibrator
    Ok Sir, thank you,
    much appreciate

Can I do it with stft too ? I know that would be more accurate with my wideband, but i just asking if I could do this way too.
    Last edited by Sébast19X; 05-29-2008 at 01:34 PM.
    '08 Black Z06
    PCM Tuned, LG super RAM, AR Headers, Hoosier DR2 295-55-15, MSD Atomic air force intake, Iceman 7.0 cam

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by HNK
    Greg,

Can you direct me to how you get to forcing the MAF-only op? is it under dynamic air?

thnx
    Real simple buddy. Do a search, and you'll come up with this:

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...maf#post121675

"Pure MAF mode" = disabling the VE calculations within the pcm altogether. Basically, it prevents a "hybrid" use of both the MAF and VE system. To do this go to "General, Airflow, Dynamic Airflow", and set both High RPM Disable and Re-enable to 0. Now you have 100% MAF, just like a Ford.

I run MAF only mode on my '08 Z06, and it is bone stock (save for the tune), and even an '07 Z06 with an A&A Corvette I/C Vortech setup. I also generally run MAF only mode any GM vehicle that comes to me for custom tuning, depending, regardless of the modifications.
    Formerly known as RWTD

Toys: '22 Tesla Model S Plaid / '20 Chevy Duramax / ?20 Sea-Doo RXT-X (2)

Quote Originally Posted by RWTD
    Real simple buddy. Do a search, and you'll come up with this:

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...maf#post121675
    RWTD .... You never check my tune like we have discuss before ....

Later,
    Sébastien
    '08 Black Z06