Thread: MAF/ AFR tuning woes?

MAF/ AFR tuning woes?

I have HP tuners, let me lay out the way I usually tune,
    1. I dial in the VE using the SD mode, log and paste error, I get it within +/- 3
    2. then I set the PE to my desired AFR.
    3. From there I plug in the wide band and rescale the MAF as needed to get the desired AFR, usually it takes no more than 5-7% change on the MAF.

Here's the problem, my 05 GTO with a 224/228 cam isn't taking to this method very good, the MAF adjustments seemed to have no effect on AFR, or it just takes so much of a swing to change the AFR, example 15%. I cannot get the AFR below mid 13's without adjusting my PE table and it bugs me, any ideas?

Did you change injectors or anything besides the cam?

No other changes, after some more research it seems I do need to stick with the MAF adjustments to fix it, I will have to figure my % error manually as I don't have the pro version, what kind of % should I be ok with changing the MAF curve? I guess my concern is I've never had to change it more than 5-7%, so how much can I change it before I should be uncorfortable about it?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Maf controls 100% of fueling over 3600 with the stock tune, so anything over that the maf pretty much takes over, its much easier to make adjustments via copy & paste rather than by eye.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner
    so what is controlling fuel below 3600? part throttle and wot?

Isit both ve and maf tables?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Its a mixture of maf & ve below 3600.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

So if my VE table is not really dialed in above 3600 will not affect my WOT AFR? When I dialed in the VE I really just did idle/ cruise conditions.