Thread: what wideband

Tuner in Training

what wideband

this is a noob question but wut wideband can i use with hp tuners, and do i need the pro edition to be able to read the WB on my hptuners??

Tuner in Training
    any wideband with a 0-5v output, such as the LC-1 (guageless) or the AEM 6in1 UEGO controller (guage, with 0-5v output)

the LC-1 is 199, UEGO can be had around 270, there are others around as well but those are the two off the top of my head. you need the pro version to recieve the 0-5v input.

Do not buy a gageless wideband with Hptuners

we have voltage offset issue with Hptuners

you need a gage to ajust the offset
    Last edited by Garrett; 06-03-2008 at 07:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett
    Do buy a gageless wideband with Hptuners

we have voltage offset issue with Hptuners

you need a gage to ajust the offset
    Your post was a little confusing. Did you mean to say do not buy a gaugeless wideband? I have a LC-1 gaugless and have had no issues with it at all. It reads exactly in HPT as it does in the program it comes with (not in HPT)

I use the NGK afx with upgraded sensor (Ntk sensor).
    I had an LC-1 and it was a total pain in the ass. The LC-1 can be a good unit, but it's super picky and i think they have a lot of bad units out there.

Quote Originally Posted by JMHZ2401
    Your post was a little confusing. Did you mean to say do not buy a gaugeless wideband? I have a LC-1 gaugless and have had no issues with it at all. It reads exactly in HPT as it does in the program it comes with (not in HPT)
    sorry I edit it