Thread: LM-1 owners...

Advanced Tuner

LM-1 owners...

I am about to send mine in as it is off 1 full point. I have tried two vehicals " one had brand new NB's" , two 02 sensors, and still the same results. I am posting here as about 2 weeks back it " the cable from the unit to the sensor was shut in a car door cutting 2 or 3 wires and throwing a error code. I repaired the cable and I am now wondering if something could have crossed and shorted something in the unit.

I would like to know if anyone on here could run a continunity test on the cable between the connecor at the LM-1 and where you plug in the sensor. I am able to see continuity but I am also getting resistance from some of the other wires. I would really appreciate any input. Thanks as always to those who contribute

Potential Tuner
    I can not do a continuity test, I just did a permanent install today but I don't think any of the wires should have any resistance. I would get a new cable from Innovative to replace the damaged one first before buying a new sensor. They are $20 on their website.

Advanced Tuner
    There has to be some as there are 5 pins on the female "end going to the LM-1"side of the plug, there are 5 pins protruding on the male "end going into the LM-1" however...there are 8 wires in the cable! I ended up and took it to Lingenfelder Performance and they checked it with Lab gas w/ a constant 13.0 Afr. Mine read 12.4 with 3 different sensors!!!! It is now west bound to CA for a date with Innovate to see what the problem is.

Let us know if they find anything and if you take it back for a cal check. I am interested to see how far off the "good" unit is.
    Sulski Performance Tuning
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

Advanced Tuner
    I will...I have to say their tech support but kick butt because they have no social skills. Everytime I call they seem to have a hurry up get this ever and pretty much the only answer I ever get is "Send it in" which is about as helpful as solar powered flashlight! If I wanted to keep sending in then I would not have bought it!!!!.................But, after one luck call it talked to a VERY friendly and knowledgable fellow named Scott. Not sure if he is the owner or what but he was helpful. He helped me troubleshoot it, and no we did not get it fixed...obviously since I have sent it in, he at least had a conversation and did have some steps to try before the "Send it in" phrase. I will keep you all posted and I don't want to sound to harsh as there are tons of Innovate users with great sucesess. I WOULD buy another if mine craps...LM2!!!! I know even some on their forum complain about their support and lack of forum representation. If you need help, I say ask for Scott!!

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by popeye55
    I will...I have to say their tech support but kick butt because they have no social skills. Everytime I call they seem to have a hurry up get this ever and pretty much the only answer I ever get is "Send it in" which is about as helpful as solar powered flashlight! If I wanted to keep sending in then I would not have bought it!!!!.................But, after one luck call it talked to a VERY friendly and knowledgable fellow named Scott. Not sure if he is the owner or what but he was helpful. He helped me troubleshoot it, and no we did not get it fixed...obviously since I have sent it in, he at least had a conversation and did have some steps to try before the "Send it in" phrase. I will keep you all posted and I don't want to sound to harsh as there are tons of Innovate users with great sucesess. I WOULD buy another if mine craps...LM2!!!! I know even some on their forum complain about their support and lack of forum representation. If you need help, I say ask for Scott!!

I'll have to try that myself. I bought my LM-1 a couple months ago and it still doesn't work. I've tried a dozen PC's and usb-serial cables trying to get the programmer to connect so I can adjust the voltage. I hope you have better luck when you get yours back because after a month mine finally showed up in a box with no documentation at all and still didn't work. I'm moving on and buying another brand controller but I'm trying to find one that will work with my (now spare) Bosch O2 sensor.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I program mine via my home pc since it has a native serial port.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"