Thread: New cam. Random stalling issue

Tuner in Training

New cam. Random stalling issue

I finaly installed a comp 281 today in my 06 GTO and for the most part things are going pretty good. Got the idle pretty decent. Got it to hot start. Drivability is really good considering. Ive not got the ve/maf tables done yet other than adjusting te idle cells in the ve table a little. Problem is it will randomly stall when letting off the gas abruptly. Its stalled twice when backing up and letting off and once when going forward. Sometimes it wont do it at all. Specs on the car are pacesetter headers without cats, 232 234 112 cam, 3400 fuddle converter. Any help will be greatly apreciated. Current tune is attatched. Ill try to get a log file of it tomorrow

Tuner in Training
    Did a little more playing around with this. Car is now running in sd for ve tuning. Got the ve table pretty decent at low rpms. Mostly -3 and less. Still have -5 in idle cell tho. The stalling got worse after going sd. I had to add 2 g/sec to idle airflow min. to get it to idle. Not sure if thats normal or not. Ive found that the only time it really does the stalling is when I start the car and put it in reverse or drive and accel just a touch to get pulled out of a parking spot and let off the gas. It almost seems to start dying out when I first touch the pedal. Ive looked at the log and cant see anything wrong really. Log file attatched

Maybe try adding a little more to the Min idle airflow table in the lower RPM range. If you add too much you'll know...the idle will probably hang and not come down. I'm fighting the same type problem now too.

Tuner in Training
    I'm about at the limit of adding to the min airflow table. In playing with the car some more, im noticing its really related to a hot start issue. If I have a heat soaked hot start it kinda chugs and starts slow and after that is when i have the problem. If it starts up good then 99.9% of the time I can go right into gear and it does fine. Im going to bump the idle rpm up 50 and see if that helps for the time being. Maybe it will recover a little better.

Potential Tuner
    I have the same problem that you having, (06 GTO, 228/232 113lsa cam, LTs, no cats, Yank3600). Usually happens in parking lots; give a little throttle to move then abruptly letting off sometimes the engine dies, sometimes almost dies, sometimes fine.
    I tried raising my idle too but it had no effect. I'm a total newb to hp tuners, so I really have no idea what I'm doing most of the time.

Tuner in Training
    Increase timing. I bumped mine up one degree and it helped.

Advanced Tuner
    that thread is nearly 10 years old.