Thread: Low airmass ?

Tuner in Training

Low airmass ?

I logged the car for the first time in a long time (on a new motor) and airmass seems very low. I cannot find any old logs to compare to and wanted some opinions. The log file is attached. It is an 02 LS1/T56, boltons, trex cam. The wideband is showing about 1-1.2 points leaner than it really is (yes, fueling definitely needs adjusted, this was the first run of the new motor and just getting logs). The tune is OL SD, stock injectors, fuel pressure at about 62psi falling to about 58psi WOT.

Thoughts?

searching would have shown you that it is messing up because the MAF pids you are logging. Why would you log MAF pids and waste space anyway when you are in SD?
    Sulski Performance Tuning
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

Tuner in Training
    I did search, but must have overlooked the answer. Thank you, sir.

I am logging maf PIDs because I have a MAF car as well. I didn't even think about it causing problems.

If you are SD tuning, all that is going to do is possibly slow your sample time. I would recommend not using and MAF PID in SD logs. Plus, it will prevent erroneous calculations for airmass.
    Sulski Performance Tuning
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

I set up configs for VE tuning, spark tuning, MAF tuning, idle tuning, and trans tuning. That way I can concentrate on exactly what I need to and ignore the "junk".
    Always Support Our Troops!