Thread: 2008 Z51 A6 C6 vete. Any suggestions?

2008 Z51 A6 C6 vete. Any suggestions?

Last night my friend and I were tuning his 08 C6 LS3. We change some parameters; PE, TM turned off, and some timing. The best for the night we got a 12.3@116. His is all stock with the exception of the Vararam Ram Air kit. This kit came with a new billet MAF housing. Would like to know if we need to change any parameters with the MAF. We did not change anything on the Automatic tranny except for the TM off. Also what else you guys think we can do to get more out it.

Here is the tune.

Thanks, will check it out in comparison to my LS3 A6.

It couldn't hurt to calibrate the MAF, thats the next logical step, but I would say that the newer cartridge type MAF's are less affected by changing the housing provided the diameter is the same.

What do the LTFTs look like?
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game

Tuner in Training
    I didn't have to recalibrate my Maf... My fuel trims were perfect....

I have the same setup as you... 08LS3Z51 w/Vararam...

I take it your friend has the optional rear end because your shift points are lower than my A6. I have to say, I am a little disappointed to see that he only ran a 12.3 because I was able to pull a 12.4 with no mods just by tweaking on the tranny and leaning out the PE very, very, very slightly and I am in a base LS3. I was hoping to get that .2 off that the Vararam guys are talking about, lol.

Hey Xstang, you mind sharing your tune, I am putting my Vararam on this weekend and would like to see what all changes you made.

Thanks,
    Kyle

Tuner in Training
    Well actually my car ran 12.20 without the Vararam. This was done only with tweaking on the tranny and messing the PE very very very slightly. The 12.3 was with 80 degree weather and with the Vararam. We were trying to tune for the Vararam and wanted any suggestions to where to tune.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by TxRedVette
    Well actually my car ran 12.20 without the Vararam. This was done only with tweaking on the tranny and messing the PE very very very slightly. The 12.3 was with 80 degree weather and with the Vararam. We were trying to tune for the Vararam and wanted any suggestions to where to tune.
    Keep in mind the DA. Lately we have seen 1700+ here in Tx... Your times will be drastically different than 2-3 months ago....

Advanced Tuner
    I also have that same setup on my '08, did you ever get any better results, willing to share tune file?