Thread: Surge in idle

Surge in idle

Tune feels like is running perfect except when I hit the clutch and pull of gear to nuetral the idle dips now to about 500rpm and feels like its about to shut down but then it surges back to 1000rpm to settle back down to about 900-950rpm.

Here is my tune, can anyone critic it and let me know what might be wrong? Thanks
    Last edited by PapitoGTO; 05-16-2008 at 11:59 AM.
    2006 Pontiac GTO
    2003 Infiniti M45--- Payed off
    2009 BMW 135i- Awaiting Transport

Mods: TigerShark Cam Package, Volant intake, GFI Ported TB, GMM Race, MSD Plug Wires, Stainless Work headers w/cats, Magnaflow X-pipe, Kooks "Afterburner" Axlebacks, Pedders Strut Bar, Pedders Street I, Drift R 19", HpTuners
    RWHP: 419.72 RWTQ: 402.51

The reason is the expected airflow is too far off from the value in the tabke. You need to dial in the idle final airflow minimum table. Try this and see if it helps.

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15564
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game

I will take a look at that on the way home tonight. Other than that, does everything else seems to fall in place with my mods?. I should have my wide band installed this weekend
    2006 Pontiac GTO

Mods: TigerShark Cam Package, Volant intake, GFI Ported TB, GMM Race, MSD Plug Wires, Stainless Work headers w/cats, Magnaflow X-pipe, Kooks "Afterburner" Axlebacks, Pedders Strut Bar, Pedders Street I, Drift R 19", HpTuners

I don't have the software loaded here so I didn't even look. This isn't a question that can be answered by looking at the tune alone though.
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game

Ok, no problem, I do thank you for replying to my post.
    2006 Pontiac GTO

Tuner
    I had this same problem. I started adding 5% to the idle airflow until it smoothed out.