Thread: 08 Mustang GT tuning for CAI

08 Mustang GT tuning for CAI

New to the Ford HP Tuners. How would I go about tuning a completely stock Mustang GT for a new Cold Air Intake. I know they require a tuning for this because the the mass air housing is larger. Also what other changes can I make for making the most HP and TQ with just the CAI.
    Thanks.

You could do the IMRC delete plates, I have a tune you could start with that'll make 302 hp(superflow STP hp, not dynojet HP) for the IMRC delete's.

Pretty much you need to log STFT's against the MAF and do your adjustments there.
    Last edited by Fox95; 05-14-2008 at 07:37 PM.
    Roadracing Crew Chief - World Superbike, British Superbike, Moto America.

Tuner
    The easiest place to start with the CAI is to get the MAF Transfer function from whoever makes the intake. I've yet to talk to a manufacturer that won't release the MAF to you..then just tweak it with the STFT's as said.

As for other changes.. timing, lean out the AFR's are good places to start, and where I started with my 07 GT. From there, move on to the cam phasing.
    2007 Mustang GT
    266rwhp 276rwftlb's. 13.6@104 stock.
    Adding a bunch of goodies and shooting for mid 12's.

Should be getting my tuner today. Thanks for the help, once I start messing around with this tuner, I hope to one day be giving out advice like you guys. Thanks again.

Advanced Tuner
    The mustangs are surprisingly easy to get good results out of.

I was able to change the throttle % table to all 82%, and then lower the point at which it engages full throttle. Add timing, lean out the afr on the base fuel table, remove torue management, etc, etc. Makes a world of difference.