Thread: Car Dies After Letting off clutch

Car Dies After Letting off clutch

Ok, first off I'm new at this so be patient if I sound like a complete idiot. My history...I just finished up installing a procharger on my 2008 C6 (E38). I also installed an ECS blower cam as well as methanol injection. Running stock injectors but I have a set of SD 60lb injectors to install at a later date. Car also has Long tube headers, no cats, borla cat back and i have an LC-1 wideband.
    The car wants to die when the clutch is pressed down, say when coming to a stop (idles ok after start up). The RPM's drop way way down and it either struggles and recovers or totally dies. I'm trying to decide what to modify to fix the problem. Only table I've modified is the Start Up airflow to get it to crank. Not sure if it's the cam or the extra drag of a supercharger causing it to die, probably both.
    Through searching I've come up with a few things to try:

1. Increase my idle to 900 RPM or more. (May help, but don't think it's a fix)
    2. Make Hi/Lo/Base idle timing tables to static below 1000 RPMS
    3. Smooth out my spark table from off idle to idle areas
    4. Adjust Airflow Min Table

LTFT's are negative too, around -15. Would my MAF and VE being way off calibration cause it to die too? (I plan on running MAF only for the time being).

I'll drive up and down my driveway tomorrow and post a log of it dying. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Here's my tune though it's mostly stock, not really worth posting. I'm not planning on doing any WOT blasts until I get it driveable.

I don't have my HPT softwware loaded so I can't look at the tune but I suspect you have some tables related to your 60#'ers that are not right. Check out Steve's thread here: http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17962 Try using his injector numbers.

The ECS blower cam should be able to idle at ~800, even with an auto. It's smooth.

The final airflow minimum table will also need tweaking, see my thread about how to do that: http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15564
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game