Thread: Any benifits using 2 bar SD with a maggie

Tuner

Any benifits using 2 bar SD with a maggie

I am thinking of going with a SD tune for my magnacharged LS1. Besides not having to retune if I change pulley, what other benifits would there be?
    Would I get better fuel milage with normal driving?
    Would I get better throttle response as I have heard people claiming?
    Would I have a better fuel transisition from Stoich to fuel enrichment?

This is a 99' C5 LS1 motor w/ GT2-3 cam. AFR205 heads. 90mm TB. Dynatech Headers. Meth injection. #60 injectors. 10psi of boost at 10.25:1 compression.

I need some opinions before I change out the MAP sensor.
    Thanks.
    LS1, magnacharger running 10psi, 90mm TB, LPE GT2-3 CAM, Dynatech LT headers, AFR 205 heads. Meth injection, 3.42:1 /A4 / 3000 stall muti-disc

Tuner in Training
    with that level of boost, you'll have more fine control over the fueling in boost ranges. for myself I live at altitude and it wasn't worth it. for that year of ECM, you will also probably lose VE resolution at lower values as well. (the table stays the same size, just doubles in value).

Tuner
    So is elevation change an issue? Around the city, there is probably only about 500 feet difference. But out of the city, it can be 1500+ feet, and it's about 4000 feet over the pass. Of course, I can just keep it in closed loop when going over the pass.
    LS1, magnacharger running 10psi, 90mm TB, LPE GT2-3 CAM, Dynatech LT headers, AFR 205 heads. Meth injection, 3.42:1 /A4 / 3000 stall muti-disc

Tuner in Training
    I live and drive from around 5-7K feet...which basically negates the boost I get. I got the 2 bar OS and only barely go over the stock 1bar limit.