Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How to tune 60lb injectors - 56k = ZZzzzzz...

Tuner in Training
    .... sub'd will need this in the future

How did you determined to use a pulse-width of > 1.3 for your filter? Either the air is thinner at my elevation or my car doesn't flow as much air as yours; because > 1.3ms on mine is a MAF of 3.6KHz and above, whereas on yours you say it's 2.4KHz and above. 2.4KHz to 3.6KHz always seem to be on the very rich side on mine.

It seems as if you may have a problem. If you are running 1.3ms at 3.6MAF, I would hate to see what you are running at idle! These injectors do NOT like low PWs, which is why I ultimately went to a return fuel system with a low idle pressure. Are you sure your injector settings are correct?
    '07 Cobalt SS/SC
    Mods:
    I has a couple.

Questions about 60s? <-- click!
    How to tune for return fuel system <--click

They're the same injectors as yours, except the place I got them from didn't say whether or not they were flow-matched; so I copied and pasted your settings. It seems to me that any changes I make to my MAF at the low Hz to lean it out is being counteracted by the adder, because the PW is below 1ms. I was thinking of smoothing my MAF down to that level, zero out the adder and then increase it enough to keep the car running.
    My car has over 112K miles on it so I suppose my fuel filter my be restricting fuel flow or perhaps my MAF sensor is dirty or something.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by SJSchafer View Post
    It seems as if you may have a problem. If you are running 1.3ms at 3.6MAF, I would hate to see what you are running at idle! These injectors do NOT like low PWs, which is why I ultimately went to a return fuel system with a low idle pressure. Are you sure your injector settings are correct?
    dood!! you are alive. you so need to call me

Quote Originally Posted by Area47 View Post
    dood!! you are alive. you so need to call me
    'sup man! Yea, I am alive. Life is a little rough right now, and has been for about 1.5 years. It's slowly improving though (except for the fact that the balt got keyed and slashed). I had to give up my phone, so I don't have your number anymore though. PM it to me.

Steve
    '07 Cobalt SS/SC
    Mods:
    I has a couple.

Questions about 60s? <-- click!
    How to tune for return fuel system <--click

Now if someone would do a how to basically tune a LSJ that would help. Some of us are still stuck at square one. Please see my other post.....
    06 Cobalt LT pacesetter cat back, eibach lowering, AEM CAI, Zex 75 shot. 190whp

09 CObalt SS, Dejon spring mod, Hahn catted Down pipe, 3" cat back with a borla muffler. Still slow...

Tuner in Training
    sub'd good info

What is proper etiquette on how many times a thread can be revived?
    I just found this thread.
    I have the Siemens 60 lb'ers. Does anybody know why the guy that did my original tune would leave the injector offset vs. volts vs. vac table stock? My truck has a return-type fuel system, with a boost-referenced regulator. The only difference between a stock tune and mine, on the fuel control > general page, is flow rate vs. kPa. Is this common practice?
    2000 GMC 2500 2-bar SD
    Stock LM7, LTs, TBSS intake manifold

Tuner in Training

????

I sent you a pm here is the graph what to do???And what other info is needed ???

Quote Originally Posted by MikeGyver View Post
    What is proper etiquette on how many times a thread can be revived?
    I just found this thread.
    I have the Siemens 60 lb'ers. Does anybody know why the guy that did my original tune would leave the injector offset vs. volts vs. vac table stock? My truck has a return-type fuel system, with a boost-referenced regulator. The only difference between a stock tune and mine, on the fuel control > general page, is flow rate vs. kPa. Is this common practice?
    I think so. I just upgraded injectors from 39s to 60s and threw in a smaller pulley. I noticed in my 39lb tune(from ZZP) that the injector os was the same as the stock table. Now only after tuning for 60s with the help of this awesome walk through do I realize how important it is. I spent two days chasing my tail trying to tune these injectors then I followed SJSchafers practice and my car is dialed! Idles smoother than I could get the 39s to do. I also had stutter problems of split second rich/lean spikes that I just could not figure out. Gone. Car finally runs perfect with a blower and I am geek'd. I think leaving the injector os alone will get you by but to truly dial in your car this is a must. I noticed all of the tunes in the repository for the i4 have stock inj os which sux for them because my car ran like garbage compared to now.
    Solstice GXP
    6758/E47

I'm confused the offset table in your screenshots do not match the ones in your attached tune file, so which one is correct?
    Also you say that these offsets can be tuned, perhaps a more detailed explaination is in order, on how to do so.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    im not fully understanding the how to adjust the pulse adder part. im running 80lbers so mine are obviously different.
    am i tuning the afr in with the adders graph and then the maf covers everything after the 1.3ms or am i changing afr with the primary ve table to match the new short pulse adders table. because i can turn the short adders up and it smoothes the idle much better then where i have it but when i do it goes to like 11.8 afr so i shut it off and put them back till i can figure this out.

please help....it runs rich as fuck when it runs like its spos to at idle

and does anyone have a super bitchen lsj scanner config they dont mind sharing its possible mine is not covering what its supposed to.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Advanced Tuner
    Set the pulse limit to 0. go into open loop and tune the maf or ve via afr error.

Whats the secret to getting the 60's to idle smooth?

i have tuned both maf and ve and still has idle surge
    Caution:Slow Learner

Advanced Tuner
    How bad is it surging?

i'll get a log later...its real bad on a cold start but normal idle is annoying too
    Caution:Slow Learner

nvm i got this shit all dizaled in now good posts everybody.

Advanced Tuner
    Lets see the tune file too rootbeer.

we fixed ours by adjusting the short pulse adder to make it smooth as possible and it was rich as fuck and when i turned the maf back on it was money stft and ltft dialed then in with a 2% change and doneskees