Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How to tune 60lb injectors - 56k = ZZzzzzz...

Quote Originally Posted by italstalnprd86
    i ran the scanner, got some logs, and sent them to someone, they told me to find some tables, and adjust mine accordingly, thats what i did basically
    Kinda what I am poitning out to you. Your logs are bad if you are sending those logs. Dude, you are recording trims that don't exist on our cars, so you are averaging trims that read what they really are to trims that read 100% at all times. Get a config, get some good logs together and let's do this.
    '07 Cobalt SS/SC
    Mods:
    I has a couple.

Questions about 60s? <-- click!
    How to tune for return fuel system <--click

Advanced Tuner
    ok so i've read and read and read and then read and tried and read more lol and tried more..

im not sure if i got this right, its pissing me off.. but thats cuz some of it is stil over my head, im not as experienced in tuning as you guys so pls, bear with me.

i've change the flow rates, and changed the adders, the min pw, i've even messed a bit with offsets vs volts, but im stil getting a slightly weird decel, i've gotta it to improve, but im not sure i'f im doing it the right way,

im gonna go do another flash and log it, i'll come back inside n post it up if anyone cares to helkp

i cant even get my afr error % to log, it just keeps coming up as an unsupported parameter

Potential Tuner
    heres my gauge and Histogram setup... It has just about everything you would need for as far as a gauge setup is concerned. But you will have to tweak for whatever wideband you may have. And It also has my heat exchanger efficentcy map

How would you edit Offset vs Press vs IGNV? I'm not even sure I understand what that table means? My 08 C6 also has a Offset vs Volts vs Map...but it's all zero'd out. I'm confused.

Hey Jared lol.

That offset vs. volts vs. map shouldn't be zeroed out. That's no good. There should be some serious values in there at around .2 or .3 ms in the normal operating voltage, unless for some reason the car ignores that table. Unlikely. Obviously you changed your injectors for your mods, I assume you did the 60s? I would think offset vs. press vs ignv would be the same table though. Injector Offset vs. Manifold Pressure vs. Ignition Voltage would be the same as Injector Offset vs. Voltage vs. Manifold Absoulte Pressure no? Or is that possibly Injector Offset vs. Fuel Pressure vs. Ignition Voltage? I wish I knew more about the C6s to help you in that matter.
    RSG Offroad
    Jeeps. Jeeps. And more Jeeps. Oh and Jeeps too.

Quote Originally Posted by dont_blink
    Hey Jared lol.

That offset vs. volts vs. map shouldn't be zeroed out. That's no good. There should be some serious values in there at around .2 or .3 ms in the normal operating voltage, unless for some reason the car ignores that table. Unlikely. Obviously you changed your injectors for your mods, I assume you did the 60s? I would think offset vs. press vs ignv would be the same table though. Injector Offset vs. Manifold Pressure vs. Ignition Voltage would be the same as Injector Offset vs. Voltage vs. Manifold Absoulte Pressure no? Or is that possibly Injector Offset vs. Fuel Pressure vs. Ignition Voltage? I wish I knew more about the C6s to help you in that matter.
    Haha, hey chris. I have my stock injectors in now until I figure out how to tune the SD 60lbers. I'm assuming it doesn't use the volts vs map table the way its setup from the factory b/c it's zeroed out in the stock tune. I'm note even sure what IGNV is an acronym for. Here's a tune if you want to see what I'm talking about.

Yeah that second table was exactly what I thought it was with the voltage vs. fuel pressure. It makes no sense to me my the injector offsets are zeroed out, but I'd be willing to bet both those tables need to be modified with the 60s in there because a bigger injector will take longer to open. IGNV is just IGNition Voltage. God you V8 guys get all the goodies lol.
    RSG Offroad

Advanced Tuner
    k so i've studied this as well as many other how-to's on 60's

here is my stock file and here is my current file, i cant figure out how to get commanded afr the same as actualy, right now its the only thing thats pissing me off..

anyone got a suggestion for me?

Commanded during PE? Open loop? Or closed loop?

Open loop/PE is pretty damn easy. Just adjust your MAF table accordingly, make a histogram based on AFR % error against MAF Hz. Good luck with pcm in that car though. From what I see VE tuning is super important and there are several tables to do so with.
    RSG Offroad

Advanced Tuner
    well here's an example, i did open loop tuning and commanded and actualy afr was mint, i can go wot and afr was perfect, i can cruise and it was perfect match, well, thats because i tuned the maf tables a bit for it. also another thing i noticed when i was in open loop, deceleration fuel worked perfect, instant 22.4 on my lc-1 when i let of the throttle in every gear, but its not like that in closed loop, not all the time anyway, its like it has to be within an rpm window for decel cutoff to work properly.

i got the hisogram to work, but im not sure if i got it to work properly for my pcm cuz of all them cams and dod options (dod i dont have)

umm...when you let off from full throttle you are back in closed loop...I think you are thinking of something else. If you are truly decelrating and completely off the throttle and the clutch is engaged you should be pegging the leaner side of things. Check your calculated air mass and speed/rpm cutoffs for deceleration.
    RSG Offroad

Advanced Tuner
    sorry the above had nothing to do with wot, just cruising, decels r set up proper, maybe its a fueling issue

PM me if you have more questions. I don't want to eat up his thread.
    RSG Offroad

Potential Tuner
    is it worth even trying to do this with out HPT-Pro?

Advanced Tuner
    should the offsets be the same across the board for return style systems. or do they still need to vary with vacuum?
    '04 Tahoe AWD, trickperformance turbo kit, TC78 turbo, 4"magnaflow muffler, Circle D triple disc 3,000, FLT LVL 7 4L60E, L92, 227/235 111lsa.
    Old 5.3=12.33 @110mph
    http://www.streetfire.net/video/turb...mph_741849.htm

Potential Tuner
    can we get a photobucket update so the pics appear agin please?
    2004 Saturn Ion Redline
    2.8 Pulley - CX H/E - 60 Lbs/Hr Injectors - K&N Typhoon - Colder Plugs (BKR7E) - 04 Rotated Mounts - CTI Header and 3" DP - HP Tuners - PLX SM - Custom Tune - RK Sport Hood - Hurst STS

Quote Originally Posted by brokenlizrd View Post
    can we get a photobucket update so the pics appear agin please?
    done.
    '07 Cobalt SS/SC
    Mods:
    I has a couple.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by SJSchafer View Post
    done.
    unfortunatly it is still saying account inactive for over 90 days so it wond display the pics?

good now. very much appreciated thanks
    Last edited by brokenlizrd; 12-26-2009 at 08:31 PM.
    2004 Saturn Ion Redline
    2.8 Pulley - CX H/E - 60 Lbs/Hr Injectors - K&N Typhoon - Colder Plugs (BKR7E) - 04 Rotated Mounts - CTI Header and 3" DP - HP Tuners - PLX SM - Custom Tune - RK Sport Hood - Hurst STS

Quote Originally Posted by brokenlizrd View Post
    unfortunatly it is still saying account inactive for over 90 days so it wond display the pics?

good now. very much appreciated thanks
    No problem. Have fun.
    '07 Cobalt SS/SC
    Mods:
    I has a couple.

Quote Originally Posted by SJSchafer View Post
    No problem. Have fun.
    and he comes out of hiding lol.
    2001 Z06
    JCR fabbed Twin Turbo