Thread: Any delay in the IAT base spark table?

Any delay in the IAT base spark table?

I am wondering if the IAT Spark Advance Correction table is an immediate correction to the over all timing and if it is a reliable way to pull timing when FI cars goes into a superheat condition (intercooler soak etc). Basically I am wondering if the computer will instantly pull timing directly related to this table on a 1:1 basis or if there is another table it will reference first. Trying to set up a safe tune for a customer with an A/W IC.

Once the IC gets soaked, IAT's will skyrocket and I wanted to know if this table can be used to save the engine if the customer does not pay attention to anything?

Thank you.

it pulls timing right away, no delay, but in some cases there is a multiplier table that multiplies the IAT retard based on some other parameter, RPM, ECT.

Most tuners who fit non-intercooled superchargers use this table very agressively, in case the guy decides to go for a speed run in 5th gear
    I count sheep in hex...

Also works good for vehicles with meth injection to go the other way on timing and add it.