Thread: torque converter will not lock unless commanded

Tuner in Training

torque converter will not lock unless commanded

torque converter will not lock like it should, when I command it to lock it does. Ive set and rechecked all tcc settings, Ive disabled all misfire codes and map codes. Ive even gone back and reinstalled the factory tune and it still wont lock!!! Im at a loss, ever since I got the pcm reflashed to factory specs stuff has been funky. Other than the tcc not locking everything works fine.

Im gonna disconnect the battery for a couple of minutes and check all pcm connections. Other than that I dont know what else to do. Any thoughts are appreciated.

Tuner in Training

Re: torque converter will not lock unless commande

Im also getting a spuradic blinking check engine light and no dtc are showing up? :huh2: :huh2:

Tuner in Training

eliminated the blinking light, changed plugs, checked all connections disconnected battery for 5 min and today she still wont lock? Anyone have any ideas

Blinking light generally means it's detecting misfires. Just turning off the light might not fix it. Search through here on how to correct the misfire bs.

Tuner in Training

corrected misfire by setting all low rpm values to 32767 and multiplying values other than 32767 by 2 in the mid and upper tables. Now converter is locking like it should

Tuner

what table is that?
    02 GMC Sierra 2500HD CC 4X4 6.0L LME 408 w/ET245, Kenne Bell 2.8L, Yank SC3000