Thread: My VE tuning helper tool

My VE tuning helper tool

I assumed that the staff had more important things to do than respond to my feature request for the ability to filter out transient states in the data for VE tuning, so I took matters into my own hands and made a little tool. Just thought I'd share with you and see if anyone else thinks this is a good idea and would want to use it. If not, then my development is done, and I've accomplished my goal. If someone does want to use it, I'll have to do some tweaks...like the abilit to recognize different WBO2 PIDs other than the PLX I use.

With my tool, I can:

• Load multiple log files
    • Filter out data where the throttle position has changed more than x%
    • Filter out data where the throttle is closed and the car is still moving

Thoughts? This will be an LS2 specific tool and requires Microsoft Access to run. I probably can distribute it with a runtime version of Access if there's enough interest.

Gerry
    06 M6 GTO - L92 Heads - Flowtech AK-47 cam - ported LS3 intake - ported TB - Kooks 1 7/8 - Cats - SVEDE OTR CAI - H-Pipe - Flowmaster Super 40s

Senior Tuner
    are you going to make the code available? why access? why not use some internal .net 'every array is a sql table' magic?

Quote Originally Posted by redhardsupra
    are you going to make the code available?
    Yes, but I haven't decided how or when.

Quote Originally Posted by redhardsupra
    why access? why not use some internal .net 'every array is a sql table' magic?
    Because I've been an Access/VB programmer for 14 years, and I knew I could do this in a couple weekends and start using it immediately. If I do it in .NET, it could take me quite some time because my .NET skills aren't quite fresh. Since this was primarily a tool for my own use, I chose speed of development for my immediate need. I also weighed the possiblity that if I decided to go .NET and took some time to do it, that I would finish it only to find that the feature had been added to HP Tuners or someone else had made the tool.

I also have a family, a dog, a full time job, and other interests that occupy my time, so...well, you know...my "honey do" list isn't getting any shorter

Gerry
    06 M6 GTO - L92 Heads - Flowtech AK-47 cam - ported LS3 intake - ported TB - Kooks 1 7/8 - Cats - SVEDE OTR CAI - H-Pipe - Flowmaster Super 40s

Advanced Tuner
    Shoody, how can i get a copy to start playing with it ? i have MS access on my laptop, so opening the mdf file won't be a problem.

Potential Tuner
    With my LS1, I did it the old fashion way. I dumped my data to Excel and deleted data with TPS = 0%, 1% or 2%. It got rid of most of the coasting and idle time at stop lights. After that I did a pivot table to get my VE table data.

The loading multiple logs is definatly a winner. I wish the scanner would let you combine / append / continue logs.

Gerry can you shoot me a copy? don't know how I missed this on the other board
    2004 Yellow M6
    HPT Pro, LM1, SVEDE, 85mm FAST Manifold, 85mm TB, TR224 112 Cam, TEA ported/milled 243 heads, SW LT headers, SW Custom Side Exhaust, King springs, Pedders shocks, Hotchkis sways, Pedders & ES Bushings, DBA rotors, Hawk/Axxis pads, Stoptech lines, shiftlight, AP Sideskirts, AP rear bumper, 05 hood, SAP grilles, Hoens, dual aeroforce gauges
    Stock 309.8 RWHP 330.7 RWTQ
    Now ? RWHP ? RWTQ
    1 of 1014

2017 Audi A5 2.0T Cabriolet (bone stock) Daily/winter driver

Advanced Tuner
    I'm interested in this also. I wouldn't mind giving it a try, as I may need to start tweaking the VE for a FAST 92 in a couple of weeks.

Gerry, if it's available could you send it over? My email is [email protected]

Thanks
    Chris
    2005 Pontiac GTO LS2

MY FQUICK - http://www.fquick.com/cyclone_chris

Mods:
    K&N Intake | 18" Staggered TSW Thruxton Setup | Toyo T1-R Tires | Billet Products Short Shifter | Kooks 1-3/4" LT Catted headers | NGK TR55 | Ported Stock Intake Manifold | Corsa Sport Exhaust | Polished T/B | FlowTech Streetsweeper V2 Cam | SLP UD Pulley | 160 Thermostat | LS7 Clutch | 39# Ford Blue Giant Injectors | Scorpion Roller Rockers |

445 RWHP/413 RWTQ

Very interesting.

I was playing around with Access to combine logs over the winter, but my VB skills are virtually non-existent. Still, you can do some interesting analysis with just queries and filters.

2005 Grand Prix GXP - 5.3 LS4 - HP Tuned, MF catback, 1.8 rockers, K&N, Some day I'll finish putting the LS6 intake on

Senior Tuner
    Beautiful! Nice going!

Who wants to bet HPT will eventually add something like this in? LOL!
    Formerly known as RWTD

Toys: '22 Tesla Model S Plaid / '20 Chevy Duramax / ?20 Sea-Doo RXT-X (2)