Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: more fun idc issues

Tuner
    Glad to hear! Thanks for the support!

Just wondering, what would the benifits of having control over the SCIP sensor be?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSS/SC
    Just wondering, what would the benifits of having control over the SCIP sensor be?
    With the stock operating system I'm honestly not sure, maybe someone who has requested it can chime in as to why they believe its a necessity.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Senior Tuner
    when adding cams to the lsj, we have to do some seriously wacked out crap to get them to idle, and to maintain idle upon decel. hence the need for the table. also please keep in mind, some of us users have 07's i know there is a slight difference in the coding between the pcm's. aside from this, im all for new stuff!

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I doubt adding the SCIAP scaling & offset constants will do much of anything for idle. From what I can tell the constants do little more than tell the pcm which sensor is there ie 1, 2 or 3 bar.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Senior Tuner
    coast down with cams. the major thing is idle surge. i fixed most of my problems with bandaiding it via timing control. another thing to, these cars get really pissy when you have cams in them with the defrost, headlight/fogs, stereo going at the same time. i have tried to get the car to stop surging when in coastdown. for the life of me i can't get it. when it's just the stereo cranked. it's fine, i can control it with a couple light taps on the throttle and all settles down.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners
    I doubt adding the SCIAP scaling & offset constants will do much of anything for idle. From what I can tell the constants do little more than tell the pcm which sensor is there ie 1, 2 or 3 bar.
    Exactly, those of us that are hoping to see this are bumping our heads on the stock sensor at peak boost levels. I've already sourced 3 and even 4 bar versions of the same Bosch TMAP but since the curves are different that wont help without rescaling capabilities.
    Thanks for the continued support for the LSJ
    WOT

Senior Tuner
    wop. i need to speak with you!!!!