Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: more fun idc issues

Senior Tuner

more fun idc issues

not a spike, or random doubling.

a ski ramp effect.

this is not my personal log, however this is an extreme case of it. mine does the same thing, just not to this level insanity.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Looks like the maf vs. VE thing to me, it spikes by 10% at5800rpms where the maf takes over at frame 397 to 398.

-Bill
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Senior Tuner
    so, the new table in the beta release will help with this issue? if so, that would be seriously cool.

now the question being, where to set the puppy at?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    It should, There are many tuners that set it very low(especially ford guys) and just let the maf do the main portion of the work.

yup set it low, and lo and behold, no more IDC craziness.... tuned one turbo car tonight, perfect.... absolutely perfect AFR for once, now start on my car tomorrow
    2006 cobalt (no more turbo)
    m62 2.7 pulley, E85, 79lb/hr injectors, 4-2-1 longtube header, airbox mod, stock catback

1998 Trans am 5.3 iron block 317 heads 88mm turbo e85 105lb/hr injectors, twin 255's.... build in progress

2014 wrx mild tune 18psi pump gas

Senior Tuner
    if this works on the 07's this will seriously help me out a bunch in terms of a not so wacky roller coaster looking pe table then. dare i say it, a flat pe line again?!?!?

time to hit the dyno again.

is this regardless of throttle position, or wot only?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    The VE/MAF blending constant is applicable at all throttle positions, not just wot.

flat PE curve FTW... it works correctly for once.
    m62 2.7 pulley, E85, 79lb/hr injectors, 4-2-1 longtube header, airbox mod, stock catback

1998 Trans am 5.3 iron block 317 heads 88mm turbo e85 105lb/hr injectors, twin 255's.... build in progress

hrmm this might be what happened to me the other day at the dyno, got massively rich at 5600-5800 and power dropped off by about 20hp on the dyno graph then climbed after

if you got an 06, thats where it's set factory... and that would be your issue, probably.
    My car seems to be fine now, just did some maf tweaking here at work, and will test again on the way home.... not maxing out the maf tables anymore either.... I'm in love with the car all over again

Tuner
    So how low is everyone setting this? Would there be any disadvantage to basicaly disable maf/ve blending?

reading thru other threads on this forum it appears that it needs to be completely disabled to properly calibrate your maf, otherwise you are not running 'pure maf' while calibrating...
    <bang head on table>

afterwards, many have left it disabled and run maf only (for real!)
    while others restore the stock values, but it means that you also need to calibrate some or all of your VE table, otherwise the computer is referencing potentially bad data.
    my_bd 2004 Saturn Ion Redline - 2.0L Supercharged LSJ (P12) 13.1 @ 110

Tuner
    Well that explains a few issues I've been having. I'm gonna have to go redo my tune today and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by my_bd
    reading thru other threads on this forum it appears that it needs to be completely disabled to properly calibrate your maf, otherwise you are not running 'pure maf' while calibrating...
    <bang head on table>

afterwards, many have left it disabled and run maf only (for real!)
    while others restore the stock values, but it means that you also need to calibrate some or all of your VE table, otherwise the computer is referencing potentially bad data.
    ok so if you disabled it completely, then tuned the maf to perfection. couldn't you just run a histogram log for your ve while it is disabled, then copy and paste into your ve table and it would be the way you want it, or would you have to do further ve tuning?

yeah we'll have to see how re-tuning goes now that we have this new 'golden nugget' available to us.
    We should be able to get more accurate results when we recalibrate our maf and ve.
    Whether or not to re-enable the dynamic airflow could become the new hot topic for debate.
    Some will just say "why bother? just run maf only"
    While others will prefer to try to run the system in its native hybrid mode.
    Last edited by my_bd; 04-19-2008 at 02:22 PM.
    my_bd 2004 Saturn Ion Redline - 2.0L Supercharged LSJ (P12) 13.1 @ 110

it actually is running really well in maf only, still a little rich, but car pull at a solid AFR with now crazy idc issues, and now I'm down to 90%idc with the 79lb/hr (better then the commanded 135% lol). still at a 10.5 afr (just leaned it out and recharging the laptop) will get in more on point tonight and will post log files.

Senior Tuner
    ok, i love this table!

set it at 3400. which is peachy for me. flat lined the pe above 3200. low and behold. it held exactly what i commanded! flat lined the pe to 8k it varied .1 on the wb02. im good with this. whats even cooler is. the temp was 70 degree's when i started this adventure. dropped to 45 when i got home.

temperature is no longer affecting the car!!!!!!!!1111111ONEONEONE

fan-fallopian-tastic!

im slowly lowering the mesh point. im about to disable the ve all together and tweak the maf to get retarded gas mileage again.

to all the hpt people, thank you so much for this small table.

what a difference one calibration makes................

Tuner
    I can't wait to play with this once it stops snowing! Damn snow in April!!! Crazy!! Is is possible to get access to the SCIP sensor tables?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Im glad to hear these tables are doing you guys justice for once!

The SCIP stuff will probably come in a later release, I know its on Chris's to-do list. The dynamic airflow stuff was probably a much easier addition since its in the code for most every pcm we've seen meaning the description & everything was already done leaving little more than finding those 1 or 2 constants & adding them to all of the P12 calibrations.

-Bill