Thread: New scans...Need opinions.

Advanced Tuner

New scans...Need opinions.

car is a buddy of mines and am just getting into the v8 tuning (this will be my first car) and wanted some opinions on these scans.....

car is a 2002 ws6 collectors eddition manual tranny....100% stock...

From what i can see fuel trims are locking in at 0 at wot and no kr has shown up on many pt/wot runs.

I needed some opinions on increasing timing a little across the board like maybe 2 degrees to start out with.good idea?

I have a cupple other questions also...fuel trims locking in at 0 at wot is excellent but what about p/t crusing and idle? the fuel trims on this car and my gtp do not.
    Is this normal? is there anyway to make fuel trims lock in at 0 all the time? is that the goal when doing a maf tune?

Thanks and any tips would be appreciated.scans attached.

Fuel trims moving around in PT/cruise is by design. The fuel trims are constantly accounting for fueling inconsistencies in the tune. It's good if they are negative because, as you noticed, they lock at zero under WOT which is what you want. If the fuel trim cell you enter PE in has a positive fuel trim, the PCM will add that much more fuel on top of your commanded AFR. So it's best to have fuel trims slightly negative across the board.

You can disable fuel trims/closed loop but then the PCM only goes off of the injector and airflow tables and without a wideband you will have no way to tell if the tune is off or not.
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game

Advanced Tuner
    OK so taking in consideration the conditions would it be ok to increase the high octane table by like 2 degrees across the board and scan for any new kr and if any decrease by like 1 degree untill kr is gone? and repeate until desired affects are acheived?

Yep.
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game

Advanced Tuner
    ok hey thanks a lot man...Before ya go 1 more question.

I heard somewhere that someone put the timing table of such and such car on their pcm.would it be better to do this? I know it was lsX based but i cant remember what it was.