Thread: TCC Duty Cycle

Tuner

TCC Duty Cycle

Right now my car has the stock TCC Max/Min Duty Cycle. Should I increase this any because of having the mods I do with the northstar? When the TCC is locked up in my car its only at around 40-50%. It also does not seem that tight when I give it any bit of gas. It feels like it wants to disengage but catches itself before it does. After looking over some bin files I have noticed that people have mad adjustments to at least the min table or both. What should I do? I just want my TCC to feel more solid when its locked in. I don't want it trying to slip out even when i give it like 1% more throttle?
    2000 Buick Regal GSE Ported Gen III SC with 3.0” Pulley, Northstar TB, ZZP Ported LIM, ZZP Stage III IC, Comp VS Cam, Comp 105 Springs, Viton Valve Seals, 42.5 Injectors, PRJ Gen II Fuel Rails and Racetronix Fuel Pump with HD Harness, TOG Headers with 3” Catted Downpipe, ZZP 3” Dual Stainless Cat-back, Dynotech Stage II Trans, 3.29 Final Drive, 2750 stall converter, GTP Engine Cradle Mounts, Front Motor Mounts Spun 90*, JMB 4” FWI, Autolite 104’s, 180* stat, GMPP Handing Kit, Moog Endlinks.

Tuner
    I bumped the Minimum TCC Duty cycle up 3% and what a big difference. When the TCC locks up it doesn't slip into engagement anymore its more direct now. Also it doesn't feel like its going to pop out of lockup anymore if I give it any gas while TCC is locked. I have a feeling because of installing the Northstar on the car it was throwing off the Duty cycle somewhat.

If anyone notices a slow TCC engagement after they install a northstar I would suggest taking a look at the table. Just don't bump it up TOO much because it may cause damage to the solenoid. As an example while my TCC was locked it was only around 40-45% locked. Now its around 48-50%.
    2000 Buick Regal GSE Ported Gen III SC with 3.0” Pulley, Northstar TB, ZZP Ported LIM, ZZP Stage III IC, Comp VS Cam, Comp 105 Springs, Viton Valve Seals, 42.5 Injectors, PRJ Gen II Fuel Rails and Racetronix Fuel Pump with HD Harness, TOG Headers with 3” Catted Downpipe, ZZP 3” Dual Stainless Cat-back, Dynotech Stage II Trans, 3.29 Final Drive, 2750 stall converter, GTP Engine Cradle Mounts, Front Motor Mounts Spun 90*, JMB 4” FWI, Autolite 104’s, 180* stat, GMPP Handing Kit, Moog Endlinks.

old thread but I still wanna reply...

I noticed when the tranny fluid is still cold the 3rd apply seems a bit wobbly (like in and out) when it engauges the first few times... I'll add the 3% to the MINIMUM TCC Duty Cycle and see what happens...

my real prob is the tcc is too hard to unlock so I'm working on that as well lol.

I put the MAX TCC DC to 100% in every box... now I'm going for a drive and see what happens.