Thread: Inj. Pulse Width Drop

Tuner in Training

Inj. Pulse Width Drop

99 Camaro Z28
    ATI Procharger
    Inline Fuel Pump
    38# Injectors

This issue began soon after the ATI install. I received this vehicle after the ATI install & 38# injectors where installed. The symptom is very strange but here it goes:

Vehicle idles fine for approximately 10 seconds when the vehicle will suddenly turn off. I know what you guys are thinking, Fuel, spark, VATS; which I was too. But fuel pressure stays up around 60psi and spark is there based on the scanner. There was one code that worried me at first it showed a P1626 - Theft Deterrent Fuel Enable Signal Not Received but then read that this does not fit the behavior I was experiencing.

I noticed that the Inj. Pulse Width suddenly drops down to 0.6 when the vehicle stalls. If there is no load the vehicle turns off, if there is a light load the vehicle will recover and continue to idle.

The absolutely strangest part is that the inj pulse width drop will repeat every 10 seconds.

Attached is the log.

BTW, ATI blamed the ECU and/or a oxygen sensor. I don't know if it could be the ECU simply because it was working fine before the install and aside from this issue the ECU seems to be functioning properly. The O2's seem to be properly functioning as well.
    --
    Joe A
    [email protected]
    2004 STS TT LS1 Corvette; 2007 Z51 LS2 Corvette; 2004 STS Turbocharged Chevrolet Tahoe

Turn VATS off and see if it happens again. You could be having a key problem or BCM issue.
    The 5V ref errors are a concern as well. Might want to do a once over of the sensor wires.
    Always Support Our Troops!

Tuner in Training
    That's a good suggestion; I'll turn that off today. Our main focus has been the 5V ref. and cleaning all the ground points and so far everything is checking out; the 5v ref is becoming more elusive.

One of the other DTC's that is also worrying is the "Fuel Tank Pressure Sensor High Voltage". Has anyone ever had this code P0453?

For this to happen every 10-15 seconds has to be one of the the strangest behaviors I have ever seen.
    --
    Joe A
    [email protected]
    2004 STS TT LS1 Corvette; 2007 Z51 LS2 Corvette; 2004 STS Turbocharged Chevrolet Tahoe

Tuner in Training

Solved!!

Quote Originally Posted by EC_Tune
    Turn VATS off and see if it happens again. You could be having a key problem or BCM issue.
    The 5V ref errors are a concern as well. Might want to do a once over of the sensor wires.
    Thanks to EC_Tune and suggesting to turn off the VATS the strange behavior has stopped.

Thanks Doug; I owe you a pitcher! http://www.hptuners.com/forum/images/smilies/cheers.gif

Now the question becomes how would you reconfigure the VATS to properly function?
    --
    Joe A
    [email protected]

Could be a key/lock issue or a BCM issue. Hopefully it's a key/lock issue as they are fairly easily replaced for less $$ than the BCM (not cheap).

If it's a BCM issue, leave VATS off.
    Always Support Our Troops!