Thread: VCM scanner 02 z06

VCM scanner 02 z06

A buddy of mine is having trouble with his car starting up. He's got an 02 z06 and it won't start. We've tried almost everything we can think of and can't figure out what's wrong with it. I had a question about the VCM scanner... If you start up the VCM controls and click fuel pump on, is the fuel pump supposed to turn on and run a few seconds like it does with turning the key on? His fans will come on, but if I click "on" on the fuel pump, it doesn't do anything. Thanks!
    Last edited by Spectre; 04-13-2008 at 12:19 AM.

My 99 TA works that way

Ah, ok thanks! His car will start will try to start and just die. His fuel pump doesn't prime when the key is turned to the on position, if it does, the car will start and run...at least for a while. The weird part is, if you start the car and hold he key to the crank position the car runs! Throws all kinds of codes and misfires but it runs. We're trying to figure out what the hell is wrong with it. Checked all the fuses and swapped fuel pump relays in the hood fuse box. No change. Checked the electrical grounds, all are clean now. What would make it run in crank, but not prime or run while the key is in on?
    Last edited by Spectre; 04-13-2008 at 09:56 AM.