Thread: anyway to help out with the dodge progress?

anyway to help out with the dodge progress?

is there any way for the end user like me to help out hpt with getting the dodge programming? i have no idea whats involved but wouldnt mind helping if i could.
    2008 Sky RL

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    done any work in IDA pro? If not then probably not much you can do otherwise to help in our effort, its alot of hard work, training, more hard wor & cross eyes and then more hard work. In the end its really only something that a person with a background in engineering could tackle and even then would need to be trained to know what the heck they are looking at in most cases
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Senior Tuner
    ugggg IDA
    never got the hang of that lol!

Do I understand correctly that we can currently scan and log, but not modify anything? I am confused, though a friend told me we could scan it.
    Thank you,

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    done any work in IDA pro? If not then probably not much you can do otherwise to help in our effort, its alot of hard work, training, more hard wor & cross eyes and then more hard work. In the end its really only something that a person with a background in engineering could tackle and even then would need to be trained to know what the heck they are looking at in most cases
    if i have to ask what that is then im pretty sure i have no experience there lol. yeah i didnt think id be able to but i thought id ask since ive never actually seen anyone here ask before.

wish i could be of help.
    2008 Sky RL

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by rdubord View Post
    Do I understand correctly that we can currently scan and log, but not modify anything? I am confused, though a friend told me we could scan it.
    Thank you,
    Yes its true. Most of the 2005 to 2010 Hemi cars and truck can be scanned using the Generic PIDs. Some of the 05-06 Hemi cars have enhanced PIDs loaded that allow nearly any logging you would need for performance work. I routinely use the scanner to log with and use another editor to modify the files on 2005-2010 Hemi cars and trucks. Once you set up the histograms it works really well.
    Jaime

Thanks for the info. I have an '04 Hemi Ram, will it work with that?

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ElecTech View Post
    Yes its true. Most of the 2005 to 2010 Hemi cars and truck can be scanned using the Generic PIDs. Some of the 05-06 Hemi cars have enhanced PIDs loaded that allow nearly any logging you would need for performance work. I routinely use the scanner to log with and use another editor to modify the files on 2005-2010 Hemi cars and trucks. Once you set up the histograms it works really well.
    Do you have a saved histogram I can try on my '05?

Advanced Tuner
    I was able to scan an 04 hemi durango with great success, could even scan commanded a/f ratio. It had a much faster sample rate than my 07 T&C. There were 0 trans PIDS/ sensors and 0 real time controls available.
    2018 Camaro SS, Maggie 2650, 103 TB, Big Gulp, E85