Thread: Looking to get some help with my S10

Advanced Tuner

Looking to get some help with my S10

I am looking to start a thread for people to add, look, and help those of us messing with the 4.3 S10's I will be doing some logs here shortly to see where I need to start.

Tuner in Training

Thumbs up

Hey,
    Per our PM's, attached is my latest tune from my 2000 Sonoma - 4.3, auto, 4wd, ZR2, 3.73's, and 32" BFG's. Engine mods include CAI, TB spacer, Flowmaster cat back, under drive pulleys, 160 stat.

No emissions checks here yet so EGR is disabled along with zero-ing the timing that it would add.
    Current timing charts are working fine with 93 octane. I am still raising them a bit at a time. Might be some more room left.
    VE, MAF, and PE were tuned with an LM1 installed right after the y-pipe comes together. IAT's were around 65 F. STFT's and LTFT's have all shown minimal in recent scans so I think I'm close. WOT scans show around 12.8 AF which is right about where I want it.

The only thing I'm worried about is the low RPM, low MAP section of the VE table. It's noticeably different from stock in one range, but I double checked it and it's dead on once things are warmed up. I thought maybe it was diferent for cold starts, but it seems to start and idle OK so maybe it's fine? Don't know for sure on that one.

TM and all abuse calcs are diabled. Shift points, times, and pressures have been changed. Force motor current table changed a bit in the 96 column. Line pressures for steady state are stock as my trans appears to be in good shape and will hold a gear without slip.

So far, it's ben worth the work. I can notice a difference in throttle response and less downshifting on hills. Trans settings also really seem to perk things up. Lots more fun to drive!

Looking for input from anyone on what else might be left in her. Posting the stock and the new for comparison purposes.

Thanks!
    Scott Braemer
    2000 NHRA Trans Am - LS1
    2006 Trailblazer SS - LS2
    2008 GMC Sierra Denali - L92

Advanced Tuner
    Wow thanks, I will get some time this weekend or sooner to go thru all that info. Looking forward to tryinb it out. Did you notice much mpg improvement??

Tuner in Training
    Haven't had the tune in for a full tank yet. At least not a tank where I haven't been doing WOT tuning runs! So, my mpg numbers will be off. Hoping to finish the timing this week and then fill up and give it a try.

Later!
    Scott Braemer
    2000 NHRA Trans Am - LS1

Tuner in Training

Arrow

Had a couple of tanks through her now. Looks like about 1 mpg better, but I'm running 93 octane so I can run the "fun" timing in it. Also, hard to keep my foot out of it now... So, not really apples to apples on the mpg, but still happy that I've got better power and mpg, even though I'm paying more for premium fuel.

How's your progress?

Later,
    Scott Braemer
    2000 NHRA Trans Am - LS1