Thread: AFR error hst. not supported

Advanced Tuner

AFR error hst. not supported

I have a F.A.S.T. dual WB I've been using to tune with and have had no problems until tonight. I can see the WB AFR in the chart so it's logging with no issues. When I open the AFR error it says not supported but I'm logging the MAF in HZ and it's working with no issues. I did upgrade to the latest S/W version and it said something about a firmware update and closed before I finished reading it and I can't get that screen to pop back up. HAs anyone else had this problem?

BTW, when is HPTuners going to update the wideband list to support F.A.S.T.? I know asked this question about a year ago and sent the information to support to try and get it added to the S/W. It would be nice to have it as a default in the configuration with all of the other widebands. IF there's any information you need let me know and I can put you guys in touch with Ron Turnpaugh, the engineer that designed the F.A.S.T. AFR wideband not to mention a great guy to talk to.

Thanks
    97 GMC ext cab, 2002 LS6, MTI G1 cam 228/232-588/575-113, MTI hardened pushrods, Patriot 243 heads, 3200 stall, 85mm Mass air, S&P Type III Headers, 2 1/2" Magnaflow High flow cats, Flowmasters, HPTuners, 4:10 gears, Original Boyds wheels 17X9's front 17X11's rear, East coast customs WS6 ram air hood, 150 shot NOS LS1 set up, 4/5Beltech drop, Caltracs.

Are you logging commanded AFR?

Russ Kemp

Advanced Tuner
    how do you have the wideband connected to the scanner? hpt pro cable, egr, a/c etc

what are you plotting in the histogram and with what axis
    04 VY Commodore ute M6 ls1, 918 valve springs, TR6 plugs, genttrbb twin turbo kit, 60lb seimiens injectors, Bosh 044 fuel pump, SX fuel reg, PLX wideband,Full Castle Hill Exhaust with 2 1/2in dump pipes, 4in cats into twin 3in cat back (no merge), Ripshift, oz700 clutch and 3.73 diff gears

Advanced Tuner
    Yes, I'm logging command AFR.

X axis = MAF airflow vs. Output frquency. Y = nothing loaded.

I use the Pro and haven't had any problems MAF tuning in the past. I'm wondering if it could be something with the computer but the S/W works fine without the wideband. I'll reboot this afternoon and see if it tries to read the AFR hst. Could the problem be in the chart config for the wideband but I can see the WB AFR's. The AFR hst. does show until I start scanning.
    97 GMC ext cab, 2002 LS6, MTI G1 cam 228/232-588/575-113, MTI hardened pushrods, Patriot 243 heads, 3200 stall, 85mm Mass air, S&P Type III Headers, 2 1/2" Magnaflow High flow cats, Flowmasters, HPTuners, 4:10 gears, Original Boyds wheels 17X9's front 17X11's rear, East coast customs WS6 ram air hood, 150 shot NOS LS1 set up, 4/5Beltech drop, Caltracs.

Can you post your config and a log?
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game

Quote Originally Posted by Nitrous
    X axis = MAF airflow vs. Output frquency. Y = nothing loaded.
    You don't want that next to the X Header, you want it defined as a 'table', underneath where it says 'x header'. Then the Y axix table will populate as well.
    Bill Winters

Advanced Tuner
    Gotcha, I'm using the default histogram Bill. Do you think something could have changed the hst. config or do I need to change it. I've been using the default config on my other tunes with no issues until now. I have a couple of things to take care of this morning and I'll post the config when I return.

Thanks for everyone's replies.

First set up AFR Error somewhere outside of the histos, like in the dashboard or charts or even the table, just to check that it's working. If it is there's something up with the histo. Attach your config.
    Bill Winters

Advanced Tuner
    Ok, I booted my computer up this afternoon and everything works fine again. This was strange, I never even completed the firmware upgrade it asked me for. I hate when stuff like this happens because the only thing I learned was to reboot my pcm.

RussK, I'm logging AFR commanded seperately in the chart from the wideband if that's what you were asking.

Thanks for the replies!

The F.A.S.T. Dual AFR Meter Wideband works great and really needs to be added to the S/W package.