Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 08 Vette way to rich

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewzpsu
    I don't see why you'd need to disable COT when the car knows what it is commanding then. Same idea with PE.

If you go WOT and then the car is commanding a 12.4 originally but a 11.3 with COT on, its still goin to take the error from 11.3 as that is what will show up on the commanded afr.
    Absolutely true! However, this all depends if you're using the histograms or not. If you're generating the math yourself, it requires way too much effort to account for "sloping". However, disabling COT for testing/tuning purposes is not going to kill the cats, and I personally wouldn't ever want to rely on the pcm switching commanded points, and then HPT attempting to generate a proper error calculation from such. I'd rather eliminate all the variables, and then roll from there.
    Formerly known as RWTD

Toys: '22 Tesla Model S Plaid / '20 Chevy Duramax / ?20 Sea-Doo RXT-X (2)

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by RWTD
    Absolutely true! However, this all depends if you're using the histograms or not. If you're generating the math yourself, it requires way too much effort to account for "sloping". However, disabling COT for testing/tuning purposes is not going to kill the cats, and I personally wouldn't ever want to rely on the pcm switching commanded points, and then HPT attempting to generate a proper error calculation from such. I'd rather eliminate all the variables, and then roll from there.

RWTD,
    Couldn't you use the injector flow rate adjustment to achieve the desire PE as well? If so, what's the difference vs using the MAF table?

Thanks!

Tuning with the IFR (and PE for that matter) is very antiquated. The IFR table is based on an equation which we know, so leave it alone. The PE is only to determine the commanded AFR when in PE, so set that to a flat line of your desired EQ ratio and leave it. That leaves the MAF. The MAF calibration would be affected be intake and exhaust mods, cam changes, basically any performance mod. Not to mention that the MAF table could use calibration from the factory.
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game

Advanced Tuner
    Set IFR and use it as a base,once set correct leave it alone and go to the MAF table and pe for fueling.set PE where you want it and scale the MAF accordingly using a wideband and the histograms to achive that AFR you are commanding.
    At least this is how I may do it