Thread: new to hp tuners

Potential Tuner

new to hp tuners

hey guys, new to hp tuners, and the programming. just wondering how the purchasing of credits works to tune my car. I have a 2005 pontiac gto that i wish to tune on the dyno here in wilmington nc, and would like to know the cost to buy the credits in order to tune the car. again complete newb and don't understand gm's really that well have owned ford's for way too long. thanks in advance for any help.

John

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    When you purchase our product new directly from us it automatically comes with 8 credits of your choice(either GM or Ford) that can be used as you choose.

05 GTO's use 2 credits for a single vcm license as shown here http://www.hptuners.com/products/vcmsuite_vehicles.php

More information about our licensing can be found here http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11847
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Just got on board with HpTuner. Waiting on its arrival. One question thou, my GTO has been load with HpTuner from my tuner, he says it is not lock and I should be able to see it and make adjustments to it once I get my own software. Is this true? And if so will it take 2 of my credit to edit it and save it as my own?
    Last edited by PapitoGTO; 04-05-2008 at 10:35 AM.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    If its not locked you should be able to read/write/edit the file without issue. And yes you will need to license the pcm to your hardware as our interfaces store the licenses on the hardware so wherever the hardware goes so do the licenses.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners
    If its not locked you should be able to read/write/edit the file without issue. And yes you will need to license the pcm to your hardware as our interfaces store the licenses on the hardware so wherever the hardware goes so do the licenses.
    Great, thanks for the reply