Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 08 Silverado Speedo Correction

Advanced Tuner
    Hey, I see this is an old thread. I was just reading it and think I got a little confused. I currently have a 2007 Silverado(new body style). I installed 4.56 rear gear with 36" tires (375/65R16- so actually 35.2"). I am having the issue where the ABS light and Brake light come on. I can mess with the numbers in HPT to make it where the ABS doesn't come on but it ends up making the speedo to be off. Is there a way to make both the speedo correct and keep the ABS lights off with HPT or does the ABS module need to be reprogrammed from GM? I actually took the truck to our local Chevy Dealer and they had to call GM because the Tech II would not let them reprogram the ABS on this 2007 Silverado(new body style). So they call GM and told GM that they need a program for the ABS module for the listed tire size and they said they do not support that tire size. So if anyone can give me a point in the way to get this fixed that would be awesome. Thank you very much.

Advanced Tuner
    Here are the stock file and modified file with the gear and tire size changed.
    2007 Chevy Silverado 6.0L V8- Stock Tune.hpt
    2007 Chevy Silverado 6.0L V8- Tuned.hpt

Potential Tuner
    I am VERY interested in any more information on this too. I just put a lift on my 2005 1500 silverado 4x4 with 37" tires and I am getting the ABS and Brake lights. I read through the thread but didn't really see a solution. Is there a way to get the speedo and shift points correct and not throw the codes?

Senior Tuner
    Shouldn't be an issue on a 05. Just the 07+ NNBS trucks. Just input the tire size.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 2xLS1 View Post
    Shouldn't be an issue on a 05. Just the 07+ NNBS trucks. Just input the tire size.
    Input the tire size in the Tech 2? I did change the tire size in my tune, and once I loaded that tune is when all the brake system dinging began.

Tuner in Training
    http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...r-speedo-recal
    heres what i did and its been working fine for months.

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for the information, I will give it a try. Did your shift points change at all, or is the tranny still operating normally?

Tuner in Training
    Transmission never seemed to change.

Potential Tuner
    Does anyone have anymore information on this thread? Any real solutions?