Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 6.0, 6.4 and 7.3L VCM suite coming

Advanced Tuner
    I think he is asking how is the powerstroke 6.0 coming along?

Advanced Tuner
    I have several friends with these but they are a couple hours south of me and I haven't been able to attempt any reads yet.

yeah, I guess I better start spell checking..lol. Do u need more reads?
    2023 Ford Edge ST

2020 Ford F150 King Ranch 5.0

Yes
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Tuner in Training
    Any word or update on the 6.0 or 6.4 tuning?

I'm still working on 6.0L support, 6.4L will be a while.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Potential Tuner
    So I take it the 7.3 wont be up for another year or so?

Tuner in Training
    i doubt they ever make tuning available for the 7.3L

Quote Originally Posted by greasemykey View Post
    i doubt they ever make tuning available for the 7.3L
    It's coming

Tuner in Training
    will HP tuners be able to tune on the 17 position chips that are already available or will it only be able to tune the factory pcm?

will HP tuners be able to tune on the 17 position chips that are already available or will it only be able to tune the factory pcm?
    Reflash the factory PCM.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Tuner in Training
    well that is not exciting at all. with a plethora of companies offering the ability to tune 17 select on the fly tunes for the 7.3L having the ability to only tune the pcm seems like a waste.

Why do you need 17 tunes?

Tuner in Training
    i have 6 tunes currently. i honestly use 4 on a regular basis. i run econ mode around town and on the highway, high idle during the winter for warm ups or summer for the AC, towing for exactly that and i tow a lot, and extreme mode for when i want to play and roll coal. trust me you don't want to be towing 11k in extreme mode or in economy mode nor do i want to have to upload a tune from HP tuners every time i want to change the way i drive.

my point is with other companies offering the ability to change tunes on the fly why would you shoot your self in the foot so to speak and create software that is behind the competition?
    Last edited by greasemykey; 07-19-2014 at 08:07 AM.

i have 6 tunes currently. i honestly use 4 on a regular basis. i run econ mode around town and on the highway, high idle during the winter for warm ups or summer for the AC, towing for exactly that and i tow a lot, and extreme mode for when i want to play and roll coal. trust me you don't want to be towing 11k in extreme mode or in economy mode nor do i want to have to upload a tune from HP tuners every time i want to change the way i drive.

my point is with other companies offering the ability to change tunes on the fly why would you shoot your self in the foot so to speak and create software that is behind the competition?
    Does your 17 program chip allow you to make changes to the tune? I don't think it does, so its not really comparable to what we will be offering.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Tuner in Training
    its easy i take the chip out and ship it back for a free reflash and reinstall when i get it back. how ever you want to view it having to lug around a laptop and my equipment to make changes constantly is a bigger pain in the ass than reflashing a chip. how about we quit making excuses about your product being over a decade late to tune the 7.3 and look into catching up with your competition

Advanced Tuner
    Sounds like you are happy with your current tuning solution off having somebody build you tunes to use on your truck.

its easy i take the chip out and ship it back for a free reflash and reinstall when i get it back. how ever you want to view it having to lug around a laptop and my equipment to make changes constantly is a bigger pain in the ass than reflashing a chip. how about we quit making excuses about your product being over a decade late to tune the 7.3 and look into catching up with your competition
    HP is for the Smart guys, who enjoy tuning their own vehicles. Some of us don't trust the "dyno" canned tuners. I know I have pulled a Diablo tune from a GM vehicle and it had less timing than STOCK!
    2023 Ford Edge ST

2020 Ford F150 King Ranch 5.0

Tuner in Training
    any updates? anxiously awaiting. anything I can do to help?

Tuner in Training
    Could we get a update on progress of 6.0l tuning software? Maybe you could give us a actual date that it will be completed so we have something to look forward to and you have a date to be finished by. Its been many years people have been waiting and being told it will be out soon. So please just give us a date and be responsible about it.