Thread: Wideband logs...take a look?

Wideband logs...take a look?

I hooked up my LC-1 and got it working after what seems to be the normal headache with the POS. I'm posting my log so I can get an opinion on why it's going what it's doing. I went for a drive today and it seems to log ok when I'm not at WOT. The full throttle runs are @ 9300, 16550, 36199, 37032. The A/F ration goes WAY rich. I logged the last 2 runs with logworks and it read even richer (it read 9.8..my analog limit is 10)!! Anyone know what it could be? I have an 08 C8 with LG headers/borla catback. (no cats). I can't see how it could be that rich even with the stock tune I have on it. Any help is appreciated.

Just the normal driving around stuff looks like it's swinging about 3x the actual AFR or even more. It doesn't look right to me at all.

If you're cruising on the highway (Frame 12,100 range) and you look at the AFR swing vs fuel trim swing it shouldn't be more than 1/2 AFR from top to bottom so thats about 14.95 to 14.45 AFR. Your Fuel trim swings look just fine.

BTW: The Bosch sensor is only good to +/- .1 AFR anyway so reading more digits doesn't really mean anything but that's the way it's configured in decimal precision. No matter, just letting you know the accuracy of the Bosch sensor.
    Last edited by EC_Tune; 03-21-2008 at 01:16 AM.
    Always Support Our Troops!

Quote Originally Posted by EC_Tune
    Just the normal driving around stuff looks like it's swinging about 3x the actual AFR or even more. It doesn't look right to me at all.

If you're cruising on the highway (Frame 12,100 range) and you look at the AFR swing vs fuel trim swing it shouldn't be more than 1/2 AFR from top to bottom so thats about 14.95 to 14.45 AFR. Your Fuel trim swings look just fine.

BTW: The Bosch sensor is only good to +/- .1 AFR anyway so reading more digits doesn't really mean anything but that's the way it's configured in decimal precision. No matter, just letting you know the accuracy of the Bosch sensor.
    Hmm... think it's a bad sensor? It's been sitting in a box in storage for a year or so. I have my 12V source coming from a relay hooked to the battery and all my grounds are hooked to a terminal strip on separate spots... which in turn is grounded to my engine block. The ground offset just parked and idling seems to be almost zero (it's 0.02...but like you said it can't read that precise). I guess I'll get a new sensor and try that first.

Don't know if it's the sensor or the wideband itself. Without a reference for comparison you just don't know though. I'm thinking it's the wideband though because the fuel trims are acting normal and they only swing a few tenths (14.4 - 15.0) on either side of stoch on a "normal" wideband.
    Always Support Our Troops!

Well, I decided maybe it was just a bad calibration in my garage so I took the car out for a quick drive. Instead of taking the sensor out of the exhaust I calibrated it while coasting in gear. Here's what the log looked like. I logged a few random things so I could get an idea of what normal temps are (I'm new to this). Wideband log looks like what I'd expect from a car w/headers and no tune (little lean). Let me know what you guys think about the new one. I'll get a log with injector info/fuel trims soon. (I'll attach this log when I get to my laptop).
    Last edited by Spectre; 03-24-2008 at 06:50 AM.