Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Which Wideband?

Which Wideband?

What wide band are you guys using? Are you using a gauge with it as well for everyday monitoring, or just connected to the laptop? Thanks
    2003 Z06
    Forged 347
    PTE Billet 67/65 Turbos
    FMIC / Dual 50mm Tial BOV's
    ID 1000 Injectors
    RSI Stage 4 Fuel System
    07 Z06 Cam
    Tripple Nozzle Meth
    ACT Twin disk clutch

25# Boost

Senior Tuner
    Check out Just Another Wideband on google.com OR the PLX units (they do not require free air calibration). I recommend the JAW if you are on a budget and the PLX unit if you want the best for the $ in my opinion.

ECM AFM1000 <-- OEM/pro level wideband
    NGK
    DynoJet
    Autometer
    Everything else
    Always Support Our Troops!

I've heard good things about the NGK AFX. If I were buying a new one thats what I'd get. Next on my list would be an innovate LC-1. I bought the JAW as a project and to verify against my AEM. I'm a proponent of free air calibration capability and the AEM and PLX do not have that functionality.
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game

I just bought an innovate lc-1 with the xd 16 guage, I liked that in the hptuners help it has a tutorial on how to connect it.

I've had good experience using an LM-1 so far on my friend's truck. It's nice to be able to just plug it into another vehicle without any major wiring.
    '20 AT4
    '01 Suburban 2500 Dad Wagon

LC1 would be last on my list

I use the LM1 but I am going to get the NGK and try that one out too.
    Sulski Performance Tuning
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

Quote Originally Posted by WS6FirebirdTA00
    LC1 would be last on my list

I use the LM1 but I am going to get the NGK and try that one out too.
    Is the NGK a standalone unit too?

nvm, just looked at it. Looks like a nice unit for the price. I wonder if the software is as good as the LM-1, not that the LM-1's software is real fancy haha.
    Last edited by jakebdb56; 03-27-2008 at 04:19 PM.
    '20 AT4

My buddy is getting it and I am going to be trying it out. I will try to post back up if I remember to lol
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

My buddy is getting it and I am going to be trying it out. I will try to post back up if I remember to lol
    haha ok. I'm in the market for a wideband once school gets out in 6 weeks. I'd like to find someone locally that has the NGK so I can take a look at it. I've heard a lot of people having good luck using the LM-1, but if there's something better for a portable unit then that's what I want.
    '20 AT4

I just got the NGK setup tonight, will try to take some logs tomorrow with it to compare.

Advanced Tuner
    I just got the NGK setup tonight, will try to take some logs tomorrow with it to compare.
    Mike, you got a pm.
    There are 2 things i dont like about the ngk.
    1. It olny has 1 output. I know the box itself shows the output but personally i would rather have the controller out of sight.
    2. Although i dont totally trust magazine articles. The ngk got the worst rating on the wideband shootout put out by ford muscle magazine. Accuracy was +/- 1.00 afr . Here is the link for the few that have not seen it.

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/r...B_Shootout.pdf

Mike, Could you post a few pics up on where you mounted your controller? Are you mounting it so you could actually read afr from the controller?

Advanced Tuner
    Dont forget the innovate lm-2 should be out any day. I thought it was supposed to be realesed in March.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7tMBgKlGOc

There are two analog outputs on the NGK. I am going to run the NGK vs the LM1 and see the differences.

I don't buy that article. I want to read the standard for this test method. Great, it was an "SAE calibrated gas". They do not call out the standard number, from what I saw, and the test procedures themselves do not appear to have any type of ISO or SAE standard. They also ran these sensors with leaded race gas. Also see the locations of the sensors in the bungs were not as recommended to be installed. Also, did they recalibrate the units after use? The Bosch may hold it's calibration better than NGK. They should have ran another test after recalibration.

I don't buy it. I live in a world of standards now as my full time job (test engineer). Even though I have not been doing it long, these half ass reports are funny to me. They contain no good information for real world tests.

They use the ECM unit in the article as a verification, just buy one of them

Advanced Tuner
    Anyone know how much the ecm lambda pro is?

Even with the PLX bashing I still think they are the best bang 4 the buck and have good support.
    06 GPGT, HPtuner, K&N CAI, ZZP CC Plog/Pem/Co, 3" DP HF Cat, Corsa Catback, ZZP 3.5 MPS, 180 stat, AL104s

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ct06gto
    Anyone know how much the ecm lambda pro is?
    $3495, so i bought 2.

For us, I don't think the LM-2 would be much of an advantage since we already have all that information. Also, you already have the HPTPro interface plugged into the OBDII port and couldn't plug in the LM-2's interface
    '20 AT4

Tuner in Training
    Just got my PLX wideband setup, includes gauge, sensor module, and a bosch wideband 02 +harness extension for 225 shipped. Haven't hooked it up yet since everything is torn out of my car but the quality of it looks amazing. I will be running it through my EGR wires for HP tuners to read since I did the !EGR. I thought it was a great price for what I got but keep in mind I have no past experience with widebands or tuning. Just getting my feet wet now.

Where'd you get your PLX? PM if you wanna.

thanks,

Jake
    '20 AT4