Thread: cant get DFCO to engage...

cant get DFCO to engage...

i turned it off, and now i would like to turn it back on. i have copied all the values from my stock tune, yet i can not get the car to enter dfco?

also, i can not get the air system to "be ready" aka emissions testing. always says incomplete, i thought i had these codes activated, but turned to report no error?

also, i still have a surging idle problem. its quite annoying, and i dont really know what to do about it. rpms will drop to 500, then bounce up to 1500, then drop... rinse, repeat a couple times. here is a scan of me gently revving the car in open loop maf enabled. also, if you can tell me how to get my afr down when its being revved, please chime in.

You need a bit more spark advance at low rpm low speed. Your AFR is bouncing around significantly as well causing the surge. Get a little more spark in there and fix the closed throttle fueling and it should improve.
    Always Support Our Troops!

Quote Originally Posted by EC_Tune
    You need a bit more spark advance at low rpm low speed. Your AFR is bouncing around significantly as well causing the surge. Get a little more spark in there and fix the closed throttle fueling and it should improve.
    i added lots of spark down low(13 degrees in some places) and holy crap the car is so much faster now.

anyways, what do you mean by closed throttle fueling? i dont understand what that is. do i need to redo my VE tune, and redo my maf tune? its hard, because when i tune the maf, some rpms and gears that particular cell is great afr wise, then other rpms or gears and that same cell is off. i will try to do a bit more tuning tonight to the VE table, but i dont know what else to do.

i got dfco enabled now...

i have another question. i did some ve tuning, and had my ve looking good. afr error was in the 1-2% range... then i enabled the maf, and turned closed loop off. the ve table said it was way out of whack, like 10-15% error according to the histograms? do i need to redo it, or is it correct and now my maf table is off? i have not tuned the maf yet.

Once your VE table (with MAF off) is in line, turn it back on and scale the MAF table accordingly to bring things back into line. At least that's the general consensus