Thread: MAF tuning help

Tuner

MAF tuning help

OK, I'll start my own thread here just to hopefully get a good response. Yesterday and today, I've been trying to get my low RPM MAF tuning dialed in a little closer (no wideband yet). I used EC Tune's MAF!STFT config and histogram files from this thread here http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9329

My first two retunes after the paste special % have been REALLY jagged, the MAF graph now looks like a moutain range. I've done it 3 times so far and it's not getting much better yet. Is it supposed to be this rough the first couple of times?

Just FYI, my MAF is a stock MAF descreened (by previous owner) and is located about 15 inches from the tb on a CAI tube.
    2015 Chevy Silverado Z71 LTZ 6.2 A8
    1974 GMC Super 1500 (5.3, LS9 cam, Ebay Long Tubes, 3" stainless duals, Summit 3" stainless welded mufflers, dumps, 4L65E Monster Transmission)

I prefer to use a STFT+LTFT user defined pid & insert it into the Maf histogram.

Russ Kemp

Personally I would get the screened MAF back in there first. Generally there is little benefit to descreening and more than enough headaches. And since the MAF is not in the center of the tubing but is at the end, turbulance going into the MAF can cause issues.
    Always Support Our Troops!

Tuner
    Actually, I think I figured out what I did. I left the histogram on "Count" instead of going back to "Average" one of the times I copied numbers over to the MAF table. Once I started over and made sure to copy the actual data instead of the count, things are working out just fine. Thanks guys!
    1974 GMC Super 1500 (5.3, LS9 cam, Ebay Long Tubes, 3" stainless duals, Summit 3" stainless welded mufflers, dumps, 4L65E Monster Transmission)

Quote Originally Posted by SS_bnoon_SS
    Actually, I think I figured out what I did. I left the histogram on "Count" instead of going back to "Average" one of the times I copied numbers over to the MAF table. Once I started over and made sure to copy the actual data instead of the count, things are working out just fine. Thanks guys!

lol i did that once when i was in a hurry....amazing how 100g at such a low Hz is just not a good thing...

boy did she run like P0000p

i then proceeded to start alllll over again..

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by goatkart
    lol i did that once when i was in a hurry....amazing how 100g at such a low Hz is just not a good thing...

boy did she run like P0000p

i then proceeded to start alllll over again..
    Yeah, I started it up and it sounded like I already had a cam in it (slump da dump da slumpda dump). I said "oooooooo, that ain't right" and shut it off and started double checking things.

Dang. Need to edit my MAF guide again...
    Always Support Our Troops!

Tuner
    I'm usually sittin on max returning from KR and flip out when I see +5, 6