Thread: Just bought tuning software have a few ?s

Tuner in Training

Just bought tuning software have a few ?s

Hi guys. I just bought the software and have a few questions on how to get started. This are not tuning questions, just general how to use questions. First, to use some of my 8 credits, how do I do it. Do you plug into the pcm then use your credits, if so do you have to be hooked up to the internet at the same time. When tuning, do I have to be hooked up to the internet.I have a older laptop so I am not sure if a wireless router works on it, so if I do need internet access when plugged into the pcm and when tuning I might have to get a different laptop. Thanks for any info.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    First, to use some of my 8 credits, how do I do it.
    Our Help file www.hptuners.com/help & FAQ section of this forum are very helpful & should be looked upon first http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11847
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner

Same boat here

I know bandwidth costs and I really did not want to start a new thread on pretty much the same topic.

I just bought an older "serial" version of HP Tuners that does not support Wideband. I have LC1 Wideband in my car though.

My question is very simple.

I NEED to log data and send it to my tuner so he could make changes and I upload them into my PCM.

I hooked it up with Keyspan serial adapter on my laptop with Vista and downloaded the driver. I started the Scanner Software and went into Scan and then clicked Start Scanning. I then saved my scan. The file extension was *hpt. Can I just send this file via email to my tuner and he can make changes to my tune? Do I need to send him something else? If this is all he needs and can change the parameters and send the tune back to me, HOW DO I upload into my PCM?

I live in the middle of NOWHERE and the nearest Dyno tune place (that uses LS1 Edit still ) is 209 miles one way. I want to utilize my software (specific for my 2000 C5) and should be able to do this without going thru the hassle of driving to this dyno place everything I change. My current tune is a mail order tune done by a professional tuner using HP Tuners and its unlocked.

I am NOT asking for how to tune as I don't feel I am qualified just as yet to do so. I am still learning and would love to be able to do it someday on my own. Till then, this is my ONLY way to optmize the tune on my car and enjoy it and just take it to the dyno place to see the results and get printouts

Any help with this SIMPLE procedure would be GREATLY appreciated. I can be reached here via PMs or email. Can someone be kind enough and willing to walk me thru this?

Thanks a TON in advance for all the replies here or to my email or PM box

Potential Tuner
    ttt

The tuner needs your log file (.hpl file) and any custom PID's you may have created.
    The custom PID's are in your "VCM Scanner.cfg" file in your C:\Program Files\HP Tuners\VCM Suite 2 directory.
    Always Support Our Troops!