Thread: w/b problems

Advanced Tuner

w/b problems

lc-1 w/b went hay wire the other day after i tried to use the lm programmer. i was trying to do a free air and re program it cause it was off a little bit. how do i get the lm programmer to work? do i use a serial to usb cable?
    if so its not reading that the w/b is there. it is saying "please connect the device to a serial port and switch it on". also included is my logs with the truck running and the truck off with the key on. the w/b readings are all over the place when the truck is on and off. i have had this hooked up and operating for almost a year now with no problems. i might be wrong but i think the readings are messed up because it needs to be reprogramed. shed some light please
    Last edited by mcfarlnd; 03-08-2008 at 07:11 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    got the programmer to work but, still have wierd readings in hp tuners. is it possible to burn out the io input?

Advanced Tuner
    anyone............... i searched but, no answers..........

Advanced Tuner
    now lm programmer wont work. please, someone help.......

You should be asking about the LM-1 or the LC-1 ( you mention both) on the innovative boards. A bad ground will make the WB read crazy in HPtuners scanner.

Disconnect your WB from the interface and connect your HPT input to a 1.5V dry cell battery (don't use a rechargable for this since they can deliver seriously large currents if you get them shorted) i.e. Battery +ve to EIO input, Battery -ve to EIO ground.

In HPT, look at your scaling on the input and convert the dry cell battery voltage to an AFR reading. Now log the input and check the AFR shown - if it's the same as calculated, your HPT kit is working fine and your WB setup is suspect.

Example;
    1. Battery voltage is 1.5V connected to EIO input.
    2. EIO input scaling in HPT is set to V/0.625 + 10 (i.e. 0v = 10 AFR, 5v = 18 AFR)
    3. Therefore, 1.5v on the input *should* give an AFR reading of 1.5/0.625 + 10 = 12.4

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbrian442
    You should be asking about the LM-1 or the LC-1 ( you mention both) on the innovative boards. A bad ground will make the WB read crazy in HPtuners scanner.
    i didnt say anything about an lm-1. i said lm programmer

Advanced Tuner
    i just got it working. i had to start from scratch, completely re-wire it and re-programmed it., but i still cant get it to connect to my laptop. any ideas????
    Last edited by mcfarlnd; 03-18-2008 at 01:37 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    anybody

Advanced Tuner
    got it. had to use a different adapter. apparently the radio shack one is junk