Thread: LS1 swap shop needed in Houston

LS1 swap shop needed in Houston

Due to the recent demise of my '01 Silverado daily driver(Pics below) I may be moving my '88 Camaro project car off the back burner and into the daily driver status. I seem to be in need of a reputable shop in the Houston area that has done many LS1/T-56 swaps. Can anyone recomend one or two?

Tommy
    2004 Silverado 5.3 auto, 3.73, K&N FIPKII kit, Flowmaster, and self tuned with HP Tuners.

Advanced Tuner
    I live about 10-15 minutes from you and can help you out.

YGM
    97 GMC ext cab, 2002 LS6, MTI G1 cam 228/232-588/575-113, MTI hardened pushrods, Patriot 243 heads, 3200 stall, 85mm Mass air, S&P Type III Headers, 2 1/2" Magnaflow High flow cats, Flowmasters, HPTuners, 4:10 gears, Original Boyds wheels 17X9's front 17X11's rear, East coast customs WS6 ram air hood, 150 shot NOS LS1 set up, 4/5Beltech drop, Caltracs.

Tuner in Training
    I'm in League City, and I've done 3 truck LS1/6.0 swaps . . . what's the engine going into . . I have some references online if you'd like to check them out

Dang that sux! Good luck with the 88!
    Always Support Our Troops!

update

I spoke with the insurance adjuster and she can't give me a final answer on if the truck is totaled, but she said its gona be close. I'm thinking about swaping an all alum 5.3 from like a trailblazer or isuzu ascender and a T-56. Since my Camaro will be a daily driver and MPG's will mater I thought the smaller cubes would be more efficient. Later I could add a STS remote turbo for extra kick. What do yall think.
    2004 Silverado 5.3 auto, 3.73, K&N FIPKII kit, Flowmaster, and self tuned with HP Tuners.

I cant weigh in with any shops, but I want to wish you good luck on your truck and with the insurance company. It looks like you got into a beef with a ditch witch. It will be a close call though. I wish you the best.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrous View Post
    I live about 10-15 minutes from you and can help you out.

YGM
    im from Baytown ... I have a 74 nova im trying to install a 5.3 from a 2002 Silverado do you work on these swaps and how much do you charge?