Thread: AEM Boost Gauge and User IO

Tuner in Training

AEM Boost Gauge and User IO

I have an AEM boost gauge which has a 5v output. Got it all hooked up and did my custom IO below. HPT is seeing vacuum dead on but I don't ever get into boost. The gauge reads boost but HP goes to close to 0, never a positve boost number.

Is this because of trying to go from negative to positive numbers? The gauge will read 30in hg to 35 psi.

Thanks for any help.
    '07 Trailblazer SS MagnaCharged

Tuner
    Definition looks good. Where are you viewing it? In some views, you can set a floor/ceiling for what displays.

Tuner in Training
    I am viewing in my chart and table displays. Even though the gauge will show upwards of 10lbs of boost HP never shows more than 0. Shows the vacuum no problem.

I am beginning to wonder if it is not a linear but AEM did not supply any output table.
    '07 Trailblazer SS MagnaCharged

Tuner
    The table should always show the actual value.

The chart could clip the values (on the graphic display) depending on the range that's set up for that PID on that chart view.

If you could apply some pressure to the sensor, and check the voltage range, that would give you something to go on. (probably easier than trying to read a voltmeter while actually boosting...)

Has this ever been addressed I believe im having the same issue. was it a Aem problem or a matter of figuring out formula?
    2000 silverado forged nitrous LS1 7.01 @96mph 1/8, 11.10@118mph 1/4.

2004 silverado cammed 5.3 turbo kit in process.