Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Analog input not reading correctly

Tuner
    I'm out of ideas.

Basically, if you measure actual voltage using a voltmeter, and log voltage in the scanner, and those two match all the time, then the voltage signal from the LC-1 (or sensor itself) is suspect.

If the measured voltage and logged voltage don't match at the same moment in time, then the EIO box is suspect. Especially if the logged voltage is primarily 0 or 5 the majority of the time, and the actual voltage is not 0 or 5...

I'll try it again and see what i get. But the afr always seems to get stuck at one point.
    Silverstone 93 Mazda Rx-7 ls-6 swap

Bump for anything? I need this to work so i can tune my cam. I may see if i can borrow a buddys wideband

Take your WB out of the equation by logging a ground free fixed voltage with your HPT interface (see my post in the "w/b problems" thread).

If the EIO Input 1 is logging the wrong voltage try another input - my LC-1 Output 2 (WB) is fed into EIO Input 4 to keep the two wires on adjacent terminals (i.e on input pins 4 & 5).

Hope this helps...

tried a ngk wideband tonight and it won't work either, so I contacted ken again
    Last edited by dark-one; 04-01-2008 at 07:38 PM.

Tuner
    Having the same problem, outputting 2.95 volts from my LC-1, verified at the pins of the eio, seeing 16.4 in HPT....subscribing.

Tuner
    On a sidebar,

It's frustrating for a newb to research and research, read how everyone is setting their LC-1 for 10-18, program their LC-1 as such, then see the add a LC-1 wideband preconfigured, double click and go... THEN to read in the help file that the preconfigured LC-1 in HPT is:

Wide Band O2 - LC1: result = volts / 0.3324 + 7.35

Back to square one... Offset is still wrong too though..

Advanced Tuner
    Hey-

I too am going thru installing a LC-1 right now and had the same problem last night and thought of your thread here. Same problem, where the Innovate software read correctly while HPT was off by about 5-6.

I went into the Innovate programming app and reset the Analog 2 output to factory defaults, programmed it, then went into advanced settings set the sampling rate to 1/6, and programmed it again. Close the programming app.

Open HPT, and viola. Both programs should be reporting the same. My problem was that Analog 2 was programmed to report A/F and not Lamda (which it seems HPT needs to see to read correctly). Hope this helps!

-Eagle
    2011 Z07 Carbon Edition

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by brandonleg
    On a sidebar,

It's frustrating for a newb to research and research, read how everyone is setting their LC-1 for 10-18, program their LC-1 as such, then see the add a LC-1 wideband preconfigured, double click and go... THEN to read in the help file that the preconfigured LC-1 in HPT is:

Wide Band O2 - LC1: result = volts / 0.3324 + 7.35

Back to square one... Offset is still wrong too though..
    I was also curious as to why people were using a span of 10 - 18 vs preconfigured LC1 span of 7.35 - 22.39 (0V - 5V range for AFR). Did some number crunching that resulted in an equation that confirmed a matching span. I've got my LC1 wired as needed, but need to wire up the momentary pushbutton & LED to use with calibrating the sensor as recommended.

I'll post results when I'm finished.
    Last edited by 1badc10; 05-20-2008 at 06:32 PM.
    **Capt. Ron - 7th Dist. Fire**

well i sent my hp tuners back and they sent me a new one. Everything works fine now so something was wrong with the eio