Thread: 2005 GTO Twin turbo

Tuner in Training

2005 GTO Twin turbo

Hi, I have a 2005 Pontiac GTO that I have installed an AVO twin turbo kit. I made the installation and the tuning in a garage were I live. The car drove great for the first couple of weeks. However I started having this problem recently and that is the car is cutting (hesetation) when the boost comes on. I have noticed that when I put new spark plugs on the problem disapear but comes again after 2-3 days. I thought the car is very rich but its not from the look of the spark plugs when I open them. Any suggestion would be appreciated

Advanced Tuner
    disconnect the battery for 10min next time the car starts hesitating and see it the problem goes away. if it does your fuel trims could be effecting your boost afr once they learn
    04 VY Commodore ute M6 ls1, 918 valve springs, TR6 plugs, genttrbb twin turbo kit, 60lb seimiens injectors, Bosh 044 fuel pump, SX fuel reg, PLX wideband,Full Castle Hill Exhaust with 2 1/2in dump pipes, 4in cats into twin 3in cat back (no merge), Ripshift, oz700 clutch and 3.73 diff gears

Advanced Tuner
    Yikes.. One thing to note: you should populate your boost VE table all the way up to 255.. Just for safety..
    2006 Trailblazer SS - Stalled, Cammed, Tuned, Turbo'd, Built, and Stroked.
    Runs on cash, blood, sweat, and tears...... and 93 octane.

2007 Cadillac STS-V - Stock.

Advanced Tuner
    You turn on your fans at 217 and 228 (Low / High respectively) ... shouldn't you turn them on sooner?

Tuner in Training
    disconnect the battery for 10min !! will try to do that and let you know...