Thread: Oil pressure

Tuner in Training

Oil pressure

2007 NNBS Sierra, when playing back some datalogging and oil pressure is in psi it is about half of what the gauge in the truck says. If I use metric settings it is dead on to the truck gauge, and converts to about double what it says in psi (yes almost peed myself when I saw 13psi at idle! )

I read somewhere there was a bug in the program that causes oil pressure to read half. I have tried searching all the forums and can't find anything, is there a "master bug or known issues" list somewhere"?

Sorry if this has been addressed somewhere already, I can't seem to find it.

Thanks
    2007 Sierra RCSB 5.3 (for now)

I had the same issue...about shit myself.

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...t=oil+pressure

FWIW, I clicked on Search > Advanced Search, then put in oil pressure as the search criteria and then selected VCM bug list from the list on the right.

Edit: And the master bug list is on the main page of the forum....about six entries down. When I clicked on it, it only showed one bug in the list, but you have to select show all posts from the last year or whatever. Damn....wish OUR bug list was that short where I work

HTH,
    Gerry
    Last edited by ShoddyHog; 02-22-2008 at 06:51 PM.
    06 M6 GTO - L92 Heads - Flowtech AK-47 cam - ported LS3 intake - ported TB - Kooks 1 7/8 - Cats - SVEDE OTR CAI - H-Pipe - Flowmaster Super 40s

Tuner in Training
    Yaah ok now I feel stupid!! How did I miss THAT???

Thanks for the help, much appreciated.
    2007 Sierra RCSB 5.3 (for now)

my uncle had a new oil pump put in his 5.3L truck and the diag center still said low oil pressure at idle tho the gauge read about 40 or so. i scaned it and it showed -8psi and didnt change with throttle.lol we know thats not right cause it still runs
    98 Z28m6,ramVDS,lakewood LCA,sphon SFC,NOS 125shot,HPtuned LQ4.045milled heads,224/228 581/588 comp cam,fast toys lid,ported 85maf,ls6 intake,long tubes with custom exhaust