Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LC1 Problems

Tuner in Training

LC1 Problems

i have the MVPI Pro interface.
    I recently purchased the LC1 and installed it according to the directions. Something is way off because it is showing me AFR arround 20-23. I have looked here, and Innovate's fourms and have found nothing. Here is a list of the diagnositc steps that I have performed.
    I logged the LC1 in logworks (works fine there)
    I checked voltage (good voltage)
    I put it under input one in HPTuners under the LC-1 afr (didn't work)
    Changed it to a custom input of (.625 +10) that didn't work
    I tried input 2, and used the pre loaded LC1 (didn't work)
    I tried input 2 with a custom (Didn't work)
    I tried reinstalling HPTuners (incase of a software issue) (didn't work)
    I changed the output of the LC1 to 12 per second (didn't work)

Is there something else that I can be missing? Since it worked fine in LogWorks, I must assume the issue lies with the HPTuners. I don't know what the next step would be. If anyone has any ideas please share them with me. Thankyou for any valueable inshight that you can provide.

I will include a copy of a scan so that you can see what it is doing. It seems that the readings are only a bit off, then once the Wideband warms up, the readings go off the chart.
    I calibrated the unit according to the LC1 manual, remember, it works in logworks, but not in HP.

Tuner in Training
    Where are you getting the ground for the MPVI from?

See diagram

Tuner in Training
    I can't seem to open your attchment. I have the ground from the MVPI going to the engine, it is grounded with all the grounds from the LC1. I don't understand how this would be explain my problem, since the wideband works with logworks. Let me know what you think....

Thanks

Advanced Tuner
    There should be 2 wires connecting to the wire block on the HPT MVPI. One for data and one for ground. I think this is what Reucroft is asking about.

There are known issues with proper grounding.

Advanced Tuner
    Here is his attachment in jpg form.

Tuner in Training
    How do you have the analog outputs configured on the LC-1? They can be customized...

Tuner in Training
    I have all grounds soldered together and grounded to the engine. I changed the following in the lc-1 config.: set output to afr instead of lambda. set 0 volts to 10 afr. and 5 volts to 18 afr. changed sampling rate to 1/16. and programmed. Now for the hptuner set-up. I picked a custom eio pid. Sensor is set to O2, Units is afr, picked the linear equation and have it set to Volts/.625 + 10 Thats it I think. With this set up I have at lease got it to move a little but its still not right, if I rev it pretty hard it falls straight to 10.00 and stays there until it jumps right back to 18.00 it never reads anything inbetween that, it's like either maxed out or minimum. I know at first I said it was reading like 22 afr. , that was before I tried changing the range to 10-18.
    Thanks for any help you guys can offer me.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Actually from what I've read you do NOT want to ground the LC1 through our interface, the ONLY thing you want connected to our interface is the analog output from the LC1.

-Bill
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Bill,

Are you saying that I shouldn't run any ground whatsover off the MVPI Pro interface? Where did you read this, because everything that i have read says that it has to be grounded. Thanks, this is something new that i haven't tried yet.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Our interface gets grounded via the obd2 port so nothing needs to be run from our interface to anything.

Tuner in Training
    Bill,
    You be the f***in man YEAH! pulled the ground off the mpvi works perfect!!!
    I can't thank you enough, this has puzzled me for a week now.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Cool deal! I love it when its something simple.

Tuner in Training
    Okay Bill,

Here we go again: Everything worked great for one day. The next day, I put the laptop in the car and drove to work (it is a 35 mile trip). The entire trip, the wideband read between 17.5 and 18, and I have it set to 5v = 18 AFR. So again, it is maxed out with no ground wire. After I got home from work I messed with the HPTuners and the LM LC1 programmer, I reprogrammed the wideband about 5 times, I re-calibrated it 3 times, I finally got it to read something other than 18 AFR, but now it is all over the place. When I let it idle it is anywhere from 12 to 18. I am wondering if somehow I am getting interference from the stock narrow band O2 sensor that is still in the car. When you look at the charts in the tuner, as the wideband varies up and down it seems to follow the same pattern of the stock O2 narrowband sensor. If I leave my configre the way that it is to log wideband, but unplug the logging wire from the MVPI Pro it reads a constant 12.06 AFR for the wideband, which at that point is not connected. I posted a copy of the scan, so that you can open it in HPTuners and view the chart display. In the chart display, the O2 wideband is all the way at the bottom. The narrowband is loated in cell number 4. If you keep you eye on both of them, you will notice what I am talking about. Let me know what you think, and what advisement that you would have from here. Thankyou again for all your help with this issue.

If I don't figure this out soon, I may just sell this and buy a different brand wideband. I looked in Innovate's forums, it seems like aot of people that had the LC1 said that they do not last and they have had alot of problems.

Advanced Tuner
    I have had absolutely zero problems with my LC1. I used this diagram to wire it.

I hope you get it working!

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by gottogo
    I have had absolutely zero problems with my LC1. I used this diagram to wire it.

I hope you get it working!
    Me too, except mine is the 6 wire LC-1.... further, I am running my LC-1 in narrow and wideband mode, using the stock bung and connector.

Working great once I figured out how to enable the analog input on the MPVI Pro

- Colby

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by mattpietroski
    Okay Bill,

Here we go again: Everything worked great for one day. The next day, I put the laptop in the car and drove to work (it is a 35 mile trip). The entire trip, the wideband read between 17.5 and 18, and I have it set to 5v = 18 AFR. So again, it is maxed out with no ground wire. After I got home from work I messed with the HPTuners and the LM LC1 programmer, I reprogrammed the wideband about 5 times, I re-calibrated it 3 times, I finally got it to read something other than 18 AFR, but now it is all over the place. When I let it idle it is anywhere from 12 to 18. I am wondering if somehow I am getting interference from the stock narrow band O2 sensor that is still in the car. When you look at the charts in the tuner, as the wideband varies up and down it seems to follow the same pattern of the stock O2 narrowband sensor. If I leave my configre the way that it is to log wideband, but unplug the logging wire from the MVPI Pro it reads a constant 12.06 AFR for the wideband, which at that point is not connected. I posted a copy of the scan, so that you can open it in HPTuners and view the chart display. In the chart display, the O2 wideband is all the way at the bottom. The narrowband is loated in cell number 4. If you keep you eye on both of them, you will notice what I am talking about. Let me know what you think, and what advisement that you would have from here. Thankyou again for all your help with this issue.

If I don't figure this out soon, I may just sell this and buy a different brand wideband. I looked in Innovate's forums, it seems like aot of people that had the LC1 said that they do not last and they have had alot of problems.
    Boooo, I hope I got a good one I don't wanna replace it as I love the unit.

Anyhow, was your laptop plugged into an inverter or something? Some other way of grounding the thing? Try making sure that the MPVI is isolated from any other path to ground.

Just a thought.....

- Colby

Tuner in Training
    The wiring diagram you posted is exactly what bill said not to do. run any ground to the interface. Can anyone tell me if there is a way to check if what I am programming into the lc-1 is actually getting in there? Everytime I hook the laptop upto the lc-1 to see analog out 2 my settings are gone and it allways shows the factory defaults. And when I press program nothing happens?

Advanced Tuner
    I think what's important is that the heater is grounded separately. Check out this thread. It's pretty confusing but maybe it will help.

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...ht=lc-1+wiring

Tuner in Training
    Well I decided I had enough. I just ordered the plx dm-5 combo. Thanks for the link, I tried rewiring this past weekend just as they did in the link, and still same result. After doing alot of reading on innovates forums it seems like everyone has the same bad luck with lc-1's.

Advanced Tuner
    Sorry you had so much trouble.