Thread: AEM Wideband install?

Tuner in Training

AEM Wideband install?

I have had the wideband installed for some time now, and am just getting around to hooking it up on HPTuners to do all the VE tuning with it. I have the White wire on Pin 1 and a ground wire on Pin 5. What else is needed? When I look on the scanner nothing changes, and I am unsure what to do.

Thank you for any assistance!

Sounds like you have the wiring done. You need to create a user defined PID to convert the voltage output into AFR units. Something like this:

Attachment 10601

Factory data sheet says that the offset is 10, but you may find that HPT records a slightly different value than the gauge, so the offset (see arrow) may need a slight adjustment. I needed to set it to 9.7 to get HPT and the gauge to be consistent.

Insert the PID into your table display in the EIO1 spot, and you should be good to go.

2005 Grand Prix GXP - 5.3 LS4 - HP Tuned, MF catback, 1.8 rockers, K&N, Some day I'll finish putting the LS6 intake on

Advanced Tuner
    Is there anyway to adjust the PID that Hp tuners provides? It looks like my AEM is off by 0.2 on the lean side.
    2000 T/A - Thompson Motorsports 416ls3, F1A procharger, HP tuned. Just a couple psi of boost.
    2013 Mercedes C350, wish HPtuners worked.

Quote Originally Posted by The Alchemist
    Is there anyway to adjust the PID that Hp tuners provides? It looks like my AEM is off by 0.2 on the lean side.
    I haven't been able to figure out how, so created a custom PID to do it. Based on my post above, just change the offset to 9.8 and it will read 0.2 richer.

2005 Grand Prix GXP - 5.3 LS4 - HP Tuned, MF catback, 1.8 rockers, K&N, Some day I'll finish putting the LS6 intake on

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by The Alchemist
    Im having the same issue!

How do you go about making a custom PID? All my historgrams are showing 14.9-15.0 agerage and the LTFT's are right at 0 to -1. RTT has been of great assistance for getting those down in no time! Now if on'y I could figure out how to tune idle. It hunts until you get stopped.

Tuner in Training
    Got that part now. Still working on Idle tuning.... but I need to get the car out of 4th gear first... time for a transmission rebuild

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks guys. I did create a new PID for the custom value. I've got to step up and upgrade to get RTT. I've got 4 extra credits just sitting there, I might as well use them.
    2000 T/A - Thompson Motorsports 416ls3, F1A procharger, HP tuned. Just a couple psi of boost.
    2013 Mercedes C350, wish HPtuners worked.