Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Books on tuning?

Tuner in Training

Books on tuning?

Just wondering if anyone has any recomendations on tuning books, CDs, DVDs and such? Thanks
    [IMG][/IMG]

Check out : Calibrated Success
    Always Support Our Troops!

Tuner in Training
    I looked on the site but i couldn't find the actuall book for sale? Is there any alternatives?
    [IMG][/IMG]

That's because I'm not a book store. The link on my page would take you to my publisher's site where they have an option to buy it online.

Of course, the easier way is to just follow THIS LINK TO AMAZON.COM and get it there. It's pretty hard to find a better price than that anywhere else.

Tuner in Training
    Not to be snide but I did look on the publishers site and could not find it. But I do have my moments of retardation sometimes, hehe. Thanks for the link.
    [IMG][/IMG]

No offense taken. I just realized that my publisher rearranged their website to the point where the old link in my sig here didn't even point to my book anymore. I'll update it to point to the Amazon link from now on.

browse around amazon

theres lots to choose from
    i have gregs advanced tuning.....and yes its an excellent choice

i also like jeff hartman ___ how to tune and modify engine management systems____

corky's bible was sorta a disappointment........ yeah blasphemy !!

prolly depends alot on what exactley you are tuning is why i said browse amazon........the people buying the books add reviews and opinions............some have / lean toward one specific platform........therefore a book with examples of your particular platform will be much more helpful

someone here was working on a "notebook" SPECIFIC for hptuners and i asked to be notified when ((( DONE )))........... i can't imagine any noobs that would not jump on that !........

yes there are a lot of help files here but it would be nice to have someone else break instructions and HP tables, aspects down into greater detail.....add some pearls of wisdom that are not as obvious for us noobs
    NOT TO MENTION a table of contents....and a book version.........my biggest problem is jumping around here online reading this here and that there........going back to a reference is maddening...a crap shoot.....as in where the hell is the thread or file again..!! good luck.....you can waste hours trying to find something again ! and thats if you find it.....printing off stuff is not much better as reams and stacks of papers in every room......stuff i wanna read again ........same problem i can't find what i want when i want it...
    ....let alone papers flying out my convertible........the ones i bring out when i'm trying to do something...hahahaha funny ! (((((( N O T ))))

great question !....which book helped most applying theory to this software !!........what books reference hptuners the most ?
    what are yalls suggestions
    2.4 ecotech ( 2006 pontiac solstice )
    42lb injectors
    trim 50 garrett t3t4 (custom -barebones pumpking )
    boost @ aprox 7 <10
    38mm tial wastegate and bov
    3" tubes front to back
    werks radiator
    bell intercooler
    GXP,magna flo exhaust-with integrated dumptube by B_FASTER & R&D
    aem wideband
    custom manifold -by sh**er the skunk
    (((HP ))) tuning - in progress
    jet hot 2000
    aerospace logic egt kit

Tuner in Training
    I have the book by Greg Banish. It's a good book. It introduces you to the terminology and concepts behind tuning. I bought mine on Amazon.com. The book is RECENT, which is more than I can say about most of the tuning books out there. Things change fast, so getting a recent book is important.

Now, if I could just learn how to run HPTuners...

Mike

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Vortec MAX
    I have the book by Greg Banish. It's a good book. It introduces you to the terminology and concepts behind tuning. I bought mine on Amazon.com. The book is RECENT, which is more than I can say about most of the tuning books out there. Things change fast, so getting a recent book is important.

Now, if I could just learn how to run HPTuners...

Mike

I have that book also. It's not specific to HPTuners but it is a good book to help understand what is actually going on inside the engine.

http://www.amazon.com/Engine-Managem.../dp/1932494421

If there ever is a book that is specific to HPTuners, I'll buy it in a second.
    2011 Silverado ECSB 4x4 5.3, 6L80, Magnaflow cat-back, Airaid CAI.

Gone but not forgotten. '02 Avalanche 5.3, Vortech supercharged, 3.12 pulley, 10 psi boost, SMC meth injection, 212/218 .558/.563 115LSA cam, shorty headers, off-road Y-pipe, 3" elec. cutout.

Potential Tuner
    If you look through the last couple of threads, The Tuning School just released a book/dvd just for HPTuners. Price is pretty steep though....

Talking

Hey guys,

Thanks for thinking of us. Just to be clear, what you get from us withh our Learn @ home Course is more than just a book. You actually are getting the HP Tuners specific Book, CD with video, complete with our tuning process sheets that are HP Tuners specific to your combo (bolt on, heads/cam, F/I and Nitrous). In addition, our customers get free tuning support via phone, email and our private forums for members. Not a bad price considering a dyno tune is about the same cost, and you are getting knowledge for a lifetime.

We make it easy to get tuning with HP Tuners on your specific combo with the tuning checklists and over 200 page full color manual. Much tuning happyness guaranteed.

Thanks!
    Bob
    Last edited by [email protected]; 03-17-2008 at 03:14 PM.

www.thetuningschool.com 727-264-8875

Written specifically for HP Tuners and your LS based vehicle.

Learn at home, or at one of our live seminars!

Potential Tuner
    It does sound real tempting. After I save up some cash, I am definitely looking into your product.

Tuner in Training
    Bob thanks for the reply, I just bought your set up yesterday and can't wait for it to get here. It sounds like a solid program you are running over there. Finally a book just for HPTuners. Again I can't wait for it to get here.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Glad to help!

You will probably get it by tomorrow at the latest.

If you have any questions please always feel free to email, call or join our forums.

Thanks!
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected]
    Glad to help!
    If you have any questions please always feel free to email, call or join our forums.
    Hey Bob, have you got any of the Gen4 stuff in your book??

Bader Norris
    MEP Tuned
    Telephone: +965-55446651
    Email: [email protected]
    Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected]
    Hey guys,

Thanks for thinking of us. Just to be clear, what you get from us withh our Learn @ home experience is more than just a book. You actually are getting the HP Tuners specific Book, CD with video, complete with our tuning process sheets that are HP Tuners specific to your combo (bolt on, heads/cam, F/I and Nitrous). In addition, our customers get free tuning support via phone, email and our private forums for members. Not a bad price considering a dyno tune is about the same cost, and you are getting knowledge for a lifetime.

We make it easy to get tuning with HP Tuners on your specific combo with the tuning checklists and over 200 page full color manual. Much tuning happyness guaranteed.

Thanks!
    Bob
    Sounds really good...any ideas on a Group Purchase Discount for the at-home version

Thanks

Ed
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

How are these books?

"How to Tune and Modify Engine Management Systems (Motorbooks Workshop)" - Jeff Hartman

"Engine Management: Advanced Tuning" - Greg Banish

I've just bought them off amazon.. I wanted to buy the tuning school book, but its just too expensive for me right now..

Bader Norris
    MEP Tuned
    Telephone: +965-55446651
    Email: [email protected]
    Instagram

Tuner in Training
    Bob, your package is awsome. Expecially for a tard like me, hehe. It has helped out so much. The price is a little steep but worth every bit for a novice tuner. Thanks again for the great material.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Trailblazin'
    Hey Bob, have you got any of the Gen4 stuff in your book??
    Recently we decided to begin writing up model/year suppliments which will be available at no extra cost to customers. The goal is to keep the 200 page color workbook from becoming the Encyclopedia Britanicia in size. LOL

Also this way you don't have to go looking for a specific table in your file that would only be found in some other vehicle.

Bob

Tuner in Training
    Bob, whats the deal with the intermediate tuning book, I saw a glimps of it
    on the net, but for the next few days ill be on the net threw my phone. Can you give a specifics on it? thanks
    [IMG][/IMG]