Thread: 07 6.0 Max Vats

Potential Tuner

07 6.0 Max Vats

Good day all,

We are trying to get a program sorted out for a customer and really running in to an issue. We have done several E38 computer programs based on Corvettes to run crate motors with no problem. But this one is kicking my butt.
    It is a 2007 Silverado 6.0 Engine with the VVT and DOD system. The customer would like to use it if possible, it is going in al older vehicle.
    We can't even get the engine to fire up. It's almost as though the VATS is still active, no injector pulse. But everything is turned off, and according to the Tech 2, all of the VATS stuff is inactive and okay. But still no injectors.

Any thoughts? Can one of the engineers look in to the '07 Template file and see if maybe there is a little something extra for the VATS that got overlooked?

Or do you think it has more to do with the VVT and DOD? Maybe these computers still need some kind of communications with the BCM to allow it to run, but I can't imagine that. I am not getting any codes either. We have all the emissions codes off, etc. etc.

Potential Tuner
    Nevermind...
    Finally got it... The starter diagnostics were keeping it from running I guess. That's the only other change I have made and it runs now.

Potential Tuner
    It seems I have the same issue. I put a 2008 5.3 in a 72 C-10 and it will prime the fuel pump and crank, but not start. No injector pulse or spark. What did you do on the starter diagnostics?

Quote Originally Posted by rocksolidparts View Post
    It seems I have the same issue. I put a 2008 5.3 in a 72 C-10 and it will prime the fuel pump and crank, but not start. No injector pulse or spark. What did you do on the starter diagnostics?
    System/System/
    Starter Diag -> Disable
    Clutch Interlock -> Disable(should already be set for your truck engine)
    1968 Bel Air Wagon
    L92/6L80E