Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Keep tcc locked in 4th

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluecat View Post
    Yeah, it isn't a big deal if you kill that code. So long as your shift speeds are relavent to your gearing it works fine reguardless.

On a side note, The switch that tells the computer that your controling a 60,80, or manual trans is a known thing. Its one of the first few bytes in the trans cal. It's in brand C and E, just not Hptuners. People are warned not to just change that byte as all the other unknow tables differences might cause a problem, but it wouldn't be any more "dangerous" so to speak than what you are doing and you wouldn't have to add a relay to invert the noid. Tcc should work normal as well. No wiring. If I can't find the stuff I'm looking for I might just try that. Take a 60 cal, flip the control switch to 80 and copy every "known" table from a 80 cal to the 60 cal and hope for the best on the rest.
    That sounds interesting. If you need a guinnea pig let me know Ill give it a shot.

I too would appreciate some electronic way to do this, rather than the obtrusive (yet COMPLETLEY AWESOME!) method slow67 devised. Not because Ill always be last to put my hand up when someone asks 'who likes to mod their harnesses?', but also because If I sell the truck, someone will be like 'What in the hell is this bullsh**t connected to the transmission?' LOL

What I find interesting is the same O/S controls the 60E and the 80E. So it's definitely something in the cal on the 80E. Going fishing...
    Always Support Our Troops!

Advanced Tuner
    On a similar note, I've been told (can't confirm this though) that some truck cals for the 60E won't let you lock the converter on decel either. maybe we could compare the 2 60E cals (car and truck of the same OS of course) and find the differences.

Tuner in Training
    you would think if this is "towing related" they'd want to keep it locked for some sort of engine braking help. my 80E has bugged the hell out of me since the swap because of this very issue... and the seemingly impossibility of tuning out 3rd gear WOT lockup on my PCM...
    9:1 347ci LS-West Coast Cylinder Heads-F.A.S.T.-Precision Engine & Turbo-Rossler-Yank-Trutrac-Hoosier

Think with your dipstick, Jimmy!!!

So further thinking on the unlocking 80 in the meantime...

A year ago I was working on a swap. It didn't have the brake pedal input setup properly and would always unlock at 0 TPS in EXACTLY the same fashion as the 80.

Maybe the segment is looking for something at an input related to the brake pedal that it is not getting, or a state is incorrect?
    Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    So further thinking on the unlocking 80 in the meantime...

A year ago I was working on a swap. It didn't have the brake pedal input setup properly and would always unlock at 0 TPS in EXACTLY the same fashion as the 80.

Maybe the segment is looking for something at an input related to the brake pedal that it is not getting, or a state is incorrect?
    On the truck 80 pinouts Ive looked at, I never saw any pin for TCC unlock.
    Also, mine unlocked below 5% tps.

Potential Tuner
    Where can I find the tables for setting my TCC PWM? I want to set the lockup at a lower speed.

Smile TC unlock at 0%TP

i have been reading over at LS1tech your postings though im not able to post there, thought i could get a reply here, ok, you say that, to run a 80e on a 60e tune will allow for TC to remain locked at 0%TP, ok, so my 2004 TCM allows for the choice of many transmissions one being the 60e, my question is, if i set the TCM to 60e and transfur the shift settings from the 80e will my TC remain locked at 0%TP or would i need to also change something with the plug wires?
    Last edited by Monty; 05-06-2017 at 06:13 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    You need to rewire
    1997 Trans Am WS6 - LS1 swap - TR224 - Pacesetter Longtubes - Yank SS3600
    - 3.42 Moser 12 bolt - Wilwood Brakes - HP Tuners tuned - P1SC-1 Procharger

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Just to let you know our software designer is working on integrating that information right into the .hpt file as well.

-Bill

Was there ever a fix for this?

Tuner
    +1

In fact, It's even more annoying that TPS must be over 7% to lock, makes locking pretty hard with my particular combo
    LS1 383ci 98' FBody, turboed, 00' PCM, 4L80E, 90# FIC injectors
    110ci Nissan 200SX, 25psi, 370whp

I'm having the same problem with my 4L80E TCC unlocking when I let off the gas. It's a real PITA with a higher stall converter. You get a RPM flare when you go back on the throttle before it locks up. I've tried playing with the Minimum Throttle Release, reducing the High Speed TPS Low to zero, but it still does it.

Fixed!

These settings fixed my TCC unlocking problem.
    TCC fix.png

I just read this whole thread after doing a search about this unlocking while coasting problem.

^What did you set yours to and how did it fix it? What do each if those values mean exactly?^

Tuner
    While I am using the TCC apply/release table to keep my converter locked it doesnt quite seem to work the way I want it to

I am interested in these minimum throttle release values and how they work.

I have done some searching and this bit from Chris is all I have been able to come up with.
    I am trying to get a good definition of each value and what they affect.

Maybe I just need to spend more time thinking about it and experimenting to see how it works.

Minimum throttle release
    - this sets the TCC to Off when ever the TPS is below the thresholds
    - there are two vehicle speed modes, high speed and low speed
    - for each mode there is a low TPS threshold, if the TPS is below that threshold the TCC will switch to Off if the PCM is not in Coast mode.

From what ive seen the 4L80e cals do not use the Coast mode, but let me know if this new stuff just doesn't work for you and you see TCC Mode as "Coast" at any time.

When you set the thresholds it's probably a good idea to make sure the TCC will unlock at low throttle and low speeds, so try to change the VSS modes and high speed thresholds only as a first attempt.

I have also added a bunch of TCC related status bits to the scanner which will help you see why the TCC is changing to "Off". There are a lot of reasons why the TCC can be set to the Off mode.

eg.
    - TqMgt or Misfire request Off
    - trans is in 1st gear
    - trans cold
    - brake is on
    - TCC fault
    - slip related
    - min throttle mode (the new params control this)
    - large negative or positive TPS transients
    - Off during upshift or downshift
    etc.
    2002 1500HD Cast Iron 6.0, ISKY Cam 218/218 110 lsa, Pace Setter LT's, and some other goodies too...

Tuner
    Any news?

Advanced Tuner
    i have a 60e with a screaming tcc cruising at 70 2200rpm and when i let off the tcc unlocks and rpm-raises, tried everything , going to try HRD's fix but bump it up one number , truck is s/c with prv will post logs when im done

THX HRD we will see

jim

Advanced Tuner
    10 mile ride no issues and it solved another small issue I had cheers HRD make his post a sticky

jim

Tuner
    Unfortunately I don't see these settings in my OS