Thread: LM-1 Wideband hookup through EIO-Input 1

LM-1 Wideband hookup through EIO-Input 1

Is there any documentation on here discussing how to install the LM-1 to the Pro Suite? I have searched but, only found the LC-1 and hooking the LM-1 through the AC Pressure sensor... The way I have it now seems to work but, shows roughly 3/4 of a point higher than what the hand held shows.

I also need to find out how to get the "VE-AFR Error, Air Fuel Ratio Error (%)" working.

Thanks,
    Tom Mantzoros

Tuner
    I ended up configuring my own PID and making my own histogram using my PID. I couldn't see how the pre-defined PID was defined, and I had changed the range when I programmed my LM-1 anyway.

The two AFR's used by the histogram have to be on the "table" view.

Still need more HELP

John_D, could you give me your PID or some screen shots so I can what exactly is needed? I haven't played around with making new PID's yet.

I hooked up the LM-1 analog cable as such:
    Red to HPT EIO input 1
    White to HPT EIO input 2
    Copper to HPT EIO Ground

I inserted the LM-1 Wideband 02 PID into my table under EIO1.

Thanks

Tuner
    Just now saw this.

I programmed the WB to show me 10:1 at the low end and 18:1 at the high end. That's a range of 8 afr numbers, spread across 5 volts. So I have .625 volts for every full unit in the afr. (5/8)

Then I configured the custom pid to match. Volts/.625 + 10
    0/.625 + 10 = 10
    5/.625 + 10 = 18

This was on the table view, insert (down in the EIO section), then configure custom. (going from memory here, don't have the laptop with me...)

I didn't associate it with the fp sensor, since I don't have any way to see if the other ones are associated to that sensor, or a way to disconnect those from it.

I also created my own AFR Error pid, which is
    (Actual-Commanded)/Commanded x 100
    (11-13)/13 x 100
    -2/13 x 100
    -.15 x 100
    -15%

Then I plugged my AFR Error into a histogram.

Your fuel pid should be based on the way your wideband controller is putting out the voltage for the AFR range. I don't remember the stock settings though...
    Last edited by John_D.; 02-04-2008 at 09:42 AM.

Talking

John, I tried your setup of the LM-1 and I got to work. THANKS!!!

I haven't had any luck with the Air Fuel Ratio Error PID and Histogram, could you send me your PID and Histogram or some screen shots? Thanks for all your help!

05' Z51 M6 - 1 7/8" Kooks with No Cats and X Pipe, GHL Bullets, Vararam, Ported LS3 Heads, LS7 Ported Throttle body, Trak Cam 231/234 .640/.590 112 LSA, 60# Injectors, RPM Level V Trans, MGW Shifter, RPM Stage III Rear w/3:90's, McLeod Dual Disk Clutch, HP Tuner Pro Suite, Z06 Rear Wide Body

Dyno'd @ 467 rwhp, 417 rwtq
    Best Run 11.03 @ 126 mph with a 1.60 60'